Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

iDine on the iPhone or OTHER Smart Phone / iDine apps (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iDine on the iPhone or OTHER Smart Phone / iDine apps (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:46 am
Company Representative - Rewards Network

Hello,
The new version of the RNDining/iDine app is now available in iTunes. The issues identified above should now be resolved.

Happy (mobile) dining!

http://facebook.com/RewardsNetwork
http://twitter.com/RewardsNetwork
Elizabeth, on behalf of Rewards Network
Old Jul 14, 2010, 5:56 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
I started having problems when I moved to the new OS. Whenever I search (by current location or by zip code) I receive a message that there are no restaurants in my area. And I've tried it in many areas. When I search by popular destinations (e.g., Seattle), I receive only a handful (or fewer) options. I had fully transitioned to the mobile application and now have just given up on fining participating restaurants when I'm on the go and need a quick option.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 9:45 am

Hi there,
One suggestion that may help you improve your search results it to make sure your default search radius is set at a great enough distance. To do this:

--open the Settings app
--scroll to the bottom and select RN Dining (or iDine)
--select Default Search Radius
--select your desired distance

We're continuing to gather user feedback on our apps--so thanks again for your comments!

Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:39 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
Originally Posted by RewardsNetwork
Hi there,
--open the Settings app
--scroll to the bottom and select RN Dining (or iDine)
--select Default Search Radius
--select your desired distance
Ah, yes. Thanks, Elizabeth. Very helpful, indeed. I wonder how it got changed.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 3:51 am

search by distance disabled?

apparently with the recent changes to the website, the search by distance function of the mobile app no longer works. specifically, if you try to search by distance, you get all of the locations within your search radius in alphabetical order. if you search A-Z, you get exactly the same list but with gray headers for the first letter of each location's name.

this SEVERELY limits the usefulness of the app.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:29 am

Thank you for your feedback. Based on all the comments we received, our web team has actually reinstated the search by distance feature on our websites, so you should see it back on the mobile apps as well.

Best regards,

Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
current location not working

Posting this here because there seems to be a far better response from RN here, compared with customer service. When I called, the solution they offered was to login with my AAdvantage RN credentials, rather than Hilton. (No, there still is not an AAdvantage login for the app.)

Search by current location stopped working for me sometime in the past week. All I get is search results from a week ago in a location more than 500 miles from where I am now.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the RN app, and now search by current location simply spins and spins without doing anything. Worse, I cannot make it stop, so it runs down the battery on my iPhone.

Yes, location service is enabled in the settings, including being specifically enabled for the RN app. And search by current location works just fine in all other apps I have, such as Open Table, AAA, and the map function. The iPhone clearly is updating the current location and using it for all apps except RN.

Bottom line, for my iPhone to function I have to delete the RN app until whatever the problem is gets corrected.

This is an iPhone 4 with the updated operating system.

EDIT -- one more diagnostic: a few days ago the app store offered me an update for the RN app. If I'm recalling the sequence of events correctly, search by current location worked fine before the update and stopped working after the update.

Last edited by ZeppoX; Oct 12, 2010 at 1:00 pm
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Any updates regarding AA on this?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Originally Posted by jabrams72
Not that I know of, but I should have updated that Hilton's app is somewhat more reliable after applying a couple more updates. Still has a tendency to get stuck at a location. Using AAA app to locate me instead of the default mapping app sometimes gets it unstuck. Failing that, rebooting the iPhone almost always gets it unstuck.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 7:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Still no AA app. The RN app can be changed for different programs, but - there is always some degree of variation with AAdvantage Dining, so the browser is better on a smart phone.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:54 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by jabrams72
Latest android upgrade now includes AA.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Just checked on my iPhone, and AA is now there in the iPhone app as well!
Old Oct 15, 2011, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelColey
Just checked on my iPhone, and AA is now there in the iPhone app as well!
Finally!
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:08 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
Finally!
Indeed, just in time for dining miles to stop counting toward lifetime status on Dec 1, 2011. Ironic.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by dstan
Indeed, just in time for dining miles to stop counting toward lifetime status on Dec 1, 2011. Ironic.
Ironic indeed. Maybe they anticipate a mass migration of users come Dec 1?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.