FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   Active Bonuses for AUGUST and SEPTEMBER 2008 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/851522-active-bonuses-august-september-2008-a.html)

ColoradoWizard Aug 3, 2008 9:01 am

Active Bonuses for AUGUST and SEPTEMBER 2008

There are some new Bonus opportunities for August and September. Each bonus REQUIRES Registering, and VIP Status.

AMERICAN - Earn 1,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles for every $100 you spend, up to 5,000 bonus miles. Expires Sept 30.

DELTA - Earn 3,000 bonus miles. Spend $200 cumulative at participating restaurants through 9/30/08.

Alaska - Dine 3 times of $50 or more to earn 1,000 bonus Mileage Plan by September 30, 2008.

United - (Not new, carry over from mid July) Earn an 1,000 Mileage Plus® bonus miles for every $200 you spend July 10, 2008 - September 30, 2008.

Northwest, US Airways, Continental - No new bonuses.

American, Delta, United, Alaska, Northwest, US Airways - (Not new, carry over from July) Rate your dine and earn 5 bonus miles per dollar, through Sept 30.

margarita girl Aug 3, 2008 9:21 am

Thanks OP.

If I read the terms correctly in the AA bonus, the $100 does not have to be spent at one time? Is that how everyone else interprets it?

NJUPINTHEAIR Aug 3, 2008 9:23 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 10141774)
Thanks OP.

If I read the terms correctly in the AA bonus, the $100 does not have to be spent at one time? Is that how everyone else interprets it?

Absolutely.

alanh Aug 3, 2008 12:11 pm

I haven't checked the others, but the AA and Delta bonuses are open to "online and VIP members", not just VIP members.

JDiver Aug 4, 2008 3:24 pm

AA "Miles Upon Miles" Bonus Aug and Sep 2008

AAdvantage dining says

"Dear JDiver,

Celebrate your summer with more American Airlines AAdvantage® miles through our new Miles Upon Miles Bonus. Register now and you'll earn 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles for spending $100 on dines through 09/30/08. That's on top of the AAdvantage® miles you already earn!

Make summer sing with meals and AAdvantage® miles. Here's how:

• Register now. (Advance registration is required.)
• Dine at participating restaurants through 09/30/08.*
• Earn 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles when you spend $100, including tax and tip.

Want to keep the party going? Just keep dining. You'll earn 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles for every $100 you spend, up to 5,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles in all."

Also, from the T&Cs, "The bonus is available to VIP members and Online members (you receive AAdvantage Dining e-mails and have a valid e-mail address you provided them.)

"All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by November 30, 2008. Please allow 6-8 weeks for any bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage account."

TheBeerHunter Aug 5, 2008 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR (Post 10141778)
Absolutely.

I'm thankful for this clarification as well. I had read it for some reason that I had to spend $100 per dine to get the bonus. I had registered, but figured I wasn't likely to hit this one. Now I know what I'm having for dinner tonight :D

NJUPINTHEAIR Aug 5, 2008 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter (Post 10156053)
I'm thankful for this clarification as well. I had read it for some reason that I had to spend $100 per dine to get the bonus. I had registered, but figured I wasn't likely to hit this one. Now I know what I'm having for dinner tonight :D

The most to my knowledge one has ever been required to spend in one sitting for any of the IDINE promotions was $50.

Inasmuch as Delta and AA have been the most generous with the bonuses this past year, it seems quite unlikely that AA would require a one time spend of $100 plus to earn the bonus.

As it currently stands, depending on the DL bonus you had received, DL will provide a pro rata 1,500 bonus miles per $100 spend (3,000 miles if you spend at least $200 by the end of the promotion, but it tops off at 3,000 miles), AA gives you 1,000 bonus miles per $100 spend (topping off at a maximum 5,000 miles), and United provides a pro rata 500 bonus miles per $100 spend (1,000 miles per a minimum $200 spend, with a max bonus earning of 5,000 miles). However, United's promotion has run the longest, as DL's and AA's wasn't "released" until some time after August 1, 2008.

All the above promotions end on 9/30/08, presumably inclusive of that date.

iansays Aug 6, 2008 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter (Post 10156053)

You had split-pea soup and some cheesy bread. No miles for that.

The cheesy bread was good, though.

edit: not to imply that the soup wasn't.

2muchfun Aug 7, 2008 7:11 pm

Is there a link for the Delta bonus registration? Was it notified by e-mail?

Both Mr and Mrs 2muchfun are VIP and active bonus seekers and users but have not received the usual e-mails for the Bonus...Also not appearing on Delta RN website even when logged in...:confused:

Sent e-mail to RN but no answer yet and going to I-dine restaurant tomorrow night...so want to register before!

Thanks
2muchfun

JDiver Aug 7, 2008 8:27 pm

CALL! Phone: 1-800-818-8339 (9 a.m. – 10 p.m. ET, Monday-Friday.) (SkyMiles Dining only.)

Go forth and get miles... :)

Originally Posted by 2muchfun (Post 10168057)
Is there a link for the Delta bonus registration? Was it notified by e-mail?

Both Mr and Mrs 2muchfun are VIP and active bonus seekers and users but have not received the usual e-mails for the Bonus...Also not appearing on Delta RN website even when logged in...:confused:

Sent e-mail to RN but no answer yet and going to I-dine restaurant tomorrow night...so want to register before!

Thanks
2muchfun

2muchfun Aug 8, 2008 7:09 am

So I called Delta RN... and Wanda advised this is a targetted promotion not available to all. Bummer. :td:

She advised another promo is on its way but couldn't give details with start date most likely Aug. 31st.

blase Aug 8, 2008 11:20 am

What is the max you can earn in one day at a restaurant? I was going to go to Moretti's tonight and buy $500 in g.c. so I can get the max 5000 mile bonus, but I don't think I could/should do it all in one day.

JDiver Aug 8, 2008 1:29 pm

The max miles you can earn is basically determined by the earning rate and the maximum spend allowed in one restaurant, usually monthly, and / or how many visits are allowed (some restaurants may only allow one visit per month, others may be unlimited.) Most legacy restaurants allow up tp $600 per month, and newer ones allow $1000 monthly, whether you spend in one month or in one dine is up to you. A few vary from these - I have seen restaurants with no limits on spending.

The resto detailed listing on Rewards Network will tell you which credit cards they accept, days they issue miles, spend limits, etc. Click on the line entitled Benefit Guidelines and you will see something like:

"Benefits Guidelines »
Unlimited visits; miles awarded on qualifying dines up to the maximum spending limit of $1000 per month."

You could spend this in one dine if you chose.

Originally Posted by blase (Post 10171525)
What is the max you can earn in one day at a restaurant? I was going to go to Moretti's tonight and buy $500 in g.c. so I can get the max 5000 mile bonus, but I don't think I could/should do it all in one day.

JDiver Aug 8, 2008 1:30 pm

Sorry to hear that! Let us know "Wanda" new bonus is publicized. ;)

Originally Posted by 2muchfun (Post 10170039)
So I called Delta RN... and Wanda advised this is a targetted promotion not available to all. Bummer. :td:

She advised another promo is on its way but couldn't give details with start date most likely Aug. 31st.

JDiver Aug 15, 2008 1:23 pm

Though the Miles Upon Miles bonus has the usual disclaimer ("Please allow 6-8 weeks for any bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage account,") Lady JDiver has already had 2,000 of these miles post to iDine and AAdvantage. Almost as quickly as the dines themselves!

(We're getting her all the miles right now - I am trying to delay crossing the 4 million threshold until >/=Jan 1 2009 for eVIPs with one more year of validity than I got them in C/Y 2008.)