Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

1,000 AA miles bonus/spend $50 by 7/31/08 (Elite / online members)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1,000 AA miles bonus/spend $50 by 7/31/08 (Elite / online members)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2008, 4:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Exclamation 1,000 AA miles bonus/spend $50 by 7/31/08 (Elite / online members)

http://aa.rewardsnetwork.com/bonus.htm?id=A080&detail=

SPEND $50 OR MORE -- GET 1,000 BONUS MILES.

NOT SURE IF IT IS LIMITED ONLY TO ELITE MEMBERS OF THE AADVANTAGE DINING PROGRAM.

COPY of the original NJUPINTHEAIR post in the Please Share iDine Bonuses sticky thread to head up this thread discussing the bonus (as opposed to the announcement in the sticky thread.)

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 13, 2008 at 7:53 pm Reason: add Mod note
Old Jul 10, 2008, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
1,000 AA miles bonus/spend $50 by 7/31/08 (Elites only)

Rules state eligible dines after registering, but they waited 10 days (out of 31) to post the offer?
Old Jul 10, 2008, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium

Rules state eligible dines after registering, but they waited 10 days (out of 31) to post the offer?
Old Jul 10, 2008, 5:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
That bothered me too, as I had eligible dines but knew nothing of the bonus until my spouse received an e-mail announcing it today.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
NOT SURE IF IT IS LIMITED ONLY TO ELITE MEMBERS OF THE AADVANTAGE DINING PROGRAM.
Definitely not limited to elite members.

I don't know why why made this such a short promotion. The email isn't late -I checked for any promotions a few days ago and it didn't exist then.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
That bothered me too, as I had eligible dines but knew nothing of the bonus until my spouse received an e-mail announcing it today.
Frustrating, but limited to one bonus per member so we still have 3 weeks to get in a single dine over $50.

Originally Posted by GreyedOut
Definitely not limited to elite members.

I don't know why why made this such a short promotion. The email isn't late -I checked for any promotions a few days ago and it didn't exist then.
T&C say online and VIP members. Ditto on the promo start date; I looked yesterday and didn't see it.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
If all else fails, it should be easy enough to buy a $50 gift card at one's favorite participating restaurant within the next 3 weeks.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
If all else fails, it should be easy enough to buy a $50 gift card at one's favorite participating restaurant within the next 3 weeks.
That's 30 miles per dollar spent. ^^^
Old Jul 11, 2008, 9:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

I'm kind of disappointed with the one-time / 1,000 miles and short time period both of announcement and longevity, but beggars... but here are the terms and conditions as far as AAdvantage go:

It's as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Register online

2. Dine at any participating restaurant by July 31, 2008* and spend $50 or more. Search for restaurants across the U.S. and Canada.

3. Earn 1,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles on top of the miles you normally earn.

Let's Do Dinner Bonus Terms and Conditions

*Qualified dine is a dine of $50 or more (including tax or tip) at a participating restaurant, bar or club after registering for the Let's Do Dinner Bonus and by July 31, 2008 during a valid benefit period and which is paid for with a credit or debit card registered in the AAdvantage DiningSM program. Advance online registration required to participate in the Let's Do Dinner Bonus. Limit one Let's Do Dinner Bonus per member.

NOTE: This bonus is open to Online and VIP Members only who are members of the AAdvantage DiningSM program as of 7/1/08. So make sure you have elected to receive emails from the AAdvantage DiningSM program and that you have provided us with a valid, deliverable email address by logging in and visiting My Account Center before you register for this bonus.

All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by September 30, 2008. Please allow 6-8 weeks for any bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage account.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Darn, I did not read carefully enough for the limitation of only one bonus per member.

As for the start date, the T&C state as of July 1, 2008, so that was the reasonable date to think was it's start date.

Glad others reported that it was not up on the RN website prior to yesterday.

By the way, my spouse received the e-mail announcing this promotion and I have gone back and retrieved it and found that it was NOT from RN AAdvantage dining but rather, it came directly from American Airlines.

Strangely, I have not received notice from American. Has anyone else gotten this e-mail?
Old Jul 11, 2008, 2:51 pm

Strangely, I have not received notice from American. Has anyone else gotten this e-mail?
I received the email from AA as well.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
I'm kind of disappointed with the one-time / 1,000 miles and short time period both of announcement and longevity, but beggars... but here are the terms and conditions as far as AAdvantage go:

It's as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Register online

2. Dine at any participating restaurant by July 31, 2008* and spend $50 or more. Search for restaurants across the U.S. and Canada.

3. Earn 1,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles on top of the miles you normally earn.

Let's Do Dinner Bonus Terms and Conditions

*Qualified dine is a dine of $50 or more (including tax or tip) at a participating restaurant, bar or club after registering for the Let's Do Dinner Bonus and by July 31, 2008 during a valid benefit period and which is paid for with a credit or debit card registered in the AAdvantage DiningSM program. Advance online registration required to participate in the Let's Do Dinner Bonus. Limit one Let's Do Dinner Bonus per member.

NOTE: This bonus is open to Online and VIP Members only who are members of the AAdvantage DiningSM program as of 7/1/08. So make sure you have elected to receive emails from the AAdvantage DiningSM program and that you have provided us with a valid, deliverable email address by logging in and visiting My Account Center before you register for this bonus.

All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by September 30, 2008. Please allow 6-8 weeks for any bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage account.
Can these be combined? I don't see how, but here is the offer I received (non- RN AAdvantage Dining member):

Earn 1,500 bonus miles during the
July Sign & Dine Bonus Bonanza!

Membership is free in this easy-to-use dining program where delicious meals are served with up to 5 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles per dollar spent (tax and tip included!). There are thousands of participating restaurants nationwide so its easy to participate.

A $120 dinner earns you up to 600 AAdvantage miles!

A $65 brunch earns you up to 325 miles!

Plus, during the July Sign & Dine Bonus Bonanza, earn 1,500 bonus miles when you enroll online and dine at any participating restaurant by July 31, 2008! That’s 1,500 bonus miles on top of the miles you already earn as an AAdvantage Dining member.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond

I received an email with this offer today and registered.^ My wife didn't get one. Looks targeted.

Make a Date for Dinner and
Earn 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles!

Register online for the Let’s Do Dinner bonus. Then dine at any participating restaurant, spend $50 or more (including tax and tip) and earn 1,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles -- on top of the miles you already earn as an AAdvantage DiningSM member. Mark your calendar now and make a date for dinner! Hurry, the bonus ends July 31, 2008.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
I don't really think it's "targeted", but certainly not all members qualify for it. From the T&C:

It's now listed under Bonuses on the AA RN site... have her log in and see if she can see it.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Not as of July 11.... for the $50->1000 miles promotion, you had to be a qualifying member as of July 1, per the T&C.

Probably that's why the $50 promotion came out "late" on July 10... to make sure people couldn't sign up extra accts and double dip the 1500 and 1000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.