Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Chain Restaurants on iDine with Gift Cert opportunities

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chain Restaurants on iDine with Gift Cert opportunities

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2007, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Updated Chain Restaurants in Dallas:

Crescent City Beignets - Plano - 3645 Dallas Parkway #561
Denny's - multiple DFW locations
Schakolad - Plano
Schlotsky's - Arapaho in Dallas
Old Jul 16, 2007, 7:21 pm

Generally are you able to buy gift cards in a location of a chain where there is IR and use it in an other location?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 6:31 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, CO, HH, PP
Originally Posted by best
Generally are you able to buy gift cards in a location of a chain where there is IR and use it in an other location?
That is the point of this thread.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 12:02 pm

Which ones?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 3:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
I have seen a few Burger Kings in Key West that are involved with the program.

Also the Melting Pot in Orlando - used the card in St Pete.

Last edited by FLgrr; Jul 21, 2007 at 3:52 pm
Old Jul 21, 2007, 9:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E, SPG Plat, Delta SM, AA
The East Side Mario's in Brampton, ON is the only RN member in the Prime Restaurants chain (175 locations across Canada (East Side Mario's, Casey's, etc..).

However, beware that, over the last 2 months, they have used 3 times "The Gift Card Machine is broken" routine on me. The Assistant Manager confirmed to me yesterday that, as far as she knew they have no intention of fixing the Gift Card machine and that the Manager even forbid her to sell Cards when the machine was still working.

They simply don't want to pay Miles for Gift Cards. I'm tempted to complain to the HO but they will surely tell me to buy my Gift Cards at any of their other locations or even directly from Head office. But I wouldn't get Miles that way. And if they "force" him to sell cards, he will most likely exit the RN program. I can't see a way to force him to sell me cards...

Moved and edited reply previously posted in the "Our credit card machine is broken" thread.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 23, 2007 at 5:57 pm Reason: OP and edited post combined and moved to preserve chronological dating
Old Jul 22, 2007, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by 2muchfun
So my take on this is that this franchisee does not want to pay Miles for the other franchisees to make a profit from selling food and getting paid "his" gift cards.

It's annoying as I would love to get the Miles and be able to spend the Gift cards where It better suits me. But can I really force him to sell me Gift Cards? And even if I complain to the Head Office, they will tell me to buy my cards at another location...where I get no Miles...

Any ideas?
Yes. Rename this (interweaved portion of this) thread to "our gift card machine is broken".

The confusion is that even in a previous message where you were talking about the gift card machine, you made a typo and said "credit card" in one place.

There are two completely difference scenarios and two completely different theories (the not wanting to give miles at all in the original post and the chain-specific gift card situation you're talking about) being discussed in alternating message in this thread.

I presume for this to be attributable to miles they must have found that large portion of their gift card purchases were swallowed up by RN. Which is quite possible, if they had few gift card purchases at first, and then got rash of them during some RN promo, all from iDiners.

In that case, they want to say "we don't sell gift cards" but probably are not allowed to by the chain, so they make sure their gift card machine is broken and then the chain doesn't care (but the chain doesn't want to pay to fix it), and doesn't attribute the same "real reason" that we do.

But it seems to me your story is better suited for the "gift cards at chain restaurants" thread (also on the first page here in the iDine/RN forum), than in a thread about credit card machines and restaurants refusing to run affinity cards on the same machine (which is totally separate issue IMHO).

Have you read that other thread? There's at least one post in there about another chain where someone bought a gift card after being told it would work chainwide and then had the gift card refused when they went to chain location with a different owner.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 3:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E, SPG Plat, Delta SM, AA
I was debating where to post and you're right (again!) Stephan. I just moved and edited the post to the Chain Restaurants on iDine with Gift Cert opportunities where its more relevant. Still new at this forum.

2muchfun
Old Jul 23, 2007, 12:47 am

I was at a Quizno in San Jose last weekend. When I told the cashier that I wanted to buy a GC, she said only mgr has the authorization code, and he wouldn't give it out to employees.

Last edited by timrick; Jul 23, 2007 at 6:54 pm
Old Jul 23, 2007, 5:15 pm

In the Phoenix area:
Melting Pot (Scottsdale and Ahwatukee)
Johnny Rocket's (Mesa Fiesta Mall only)
Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Phoenix Bell Rd. and Mesa Fiesta Mall only)

As always, check with your program's web site before you plunk down the money -- participants change frequently.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 5:22 pm

Alan, did you just put an official disclaimer on that? ---NICE.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 6:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Mod hat on

Just a reminder... if we mods are "RBPd" with the Report Bad Post function (click on the triangular sign with exlamation point! to the left of a post you wish to report,) we can select and move posts to other threads, etc. This can be done for misplaced posts, duplicates, posts to be moved, those that might be inappropriate and better deleted, etc. I did this with 2muchfun's and related posts from the Credit Card thread, and deleted 2much's inserted copy to preserve chronological order.

At least a little quote from a post one is replying to also helps when this happens, to retain context and assure the member being replied to know it is for him/her especially - so my apologies for any strangeness suddenly appearing in this thread.

(Yes, I'm back from cooler climes. Cheers )

Mod hat off

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 17, 2008 at 3:31 pm Reason: fix typoes ;)
Old Jul 30, 2007, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by FLgrr
I have seen a few Burger Kings in Key West that are involved with the program.
I was visiting northern Oregon (Portland and the Oregon Coast) this past weekend and was looking around for iDine/RN restaurants there, and not only were there tons of Burger Kings all over the place, but:

(a) The web page put up an annoying Burger King ad over top of some of the names of other restaurants to the right of the map (I had chosen to show the restaurants on a map). I couldn't get rid of thatad, but if I clicked there it brought up a Burger King web page!

(b) In some communities, it seemed Burger King was the only option.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 8:16 am

That sounds like a Whopper of a problem. Thanks for reporting that King-sized problem.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt, HH, IHG, SPG, AA, WN
***edit on 9/9/07
***It was too good to be true...None of these restaurants now appear on the Rewards Networks websites. I wonder if they put them in as a marketing device to show prospective restaurants.
*** end edit
^Big news in Dallas, Houston, and Austin....
As of right now (9/6/07), it shows that Bennigan's, Steak and Ale, and Plano Tavern are joining Rewards Network on Sunday, 9/9/07. Many locations are appearing.

Repeat: Wait until 9/9/07 to dine and check again before dining. I have seen restaurants appear and disappear before your eyes.

Last edited by BOGO; Sep 9, 2007 at 7:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.