Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerMurdock
The 2k bonus for using new registered cards finally posted! The odd thing is it shows up as "birthday bonus" in the description ?!?!?
Same here, a single 2000 poiont bonus, so that means that cards which were deleted automatically from a different RN account after being added to my AS RN account did count for this bonus.

And of note, Open Jaw says his posted too, and he removed his cards from the AS account after doing a dine with them. Open Jaw, around when did you remove the first card?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Same here, a single 2000 poiont bonus, so that means that cards which were deleted automatically from a different RN account after being added to my AS RN account did count for this bonus.

And of note, Open Jaw says his posted too, and he removed his cards from the AS account after doing a dine with them. Open Jaw, around when did you remove the first card?
I removed each new card after each dine posted on my RN page. I don't like to keep all my credit cards linked to accounts online for security reasons. I normally only keep one card linked to each of my RN accounts unless I am on the road or there are several different bonus offers.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I dined on 8/30 for the 500 Reasons To Dine bonus (500 bonus miles for dining in the month of August) I haven't received the bonus yet, but the T&Cs did say that it would take 4-6 weeks to post. I'll keep an eye on it.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Targeted from Delta

No registration needed (pre-enrolled by invitation only)

Just dine now through October 10, 2014, and earn an additional 2 bonus miles for every dollar you spend at a SkyMiles® Dining restaurant, bar, or club.

Not exactly generous, but I've re-qualified with three of my four partners, needing nine more Delta transactions to finish off my RN dining for the year, so the timing itself is pretty good.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger

Targeted from Delta
---------------------------------------------------------------------
No registration needed (pre-enrolled by invitation only)

Just dine now through October 10, 2014, and earn an additional 2 bonus miles for every dollar you spend at a SkyMiles® Dining restaurant, bar, or club.

Not exactly generous, but I've re-qualified with three of my four partners, needing nine more Delta transactions to finish off my RN dining for the year, so the timing itself is pretty good.
To all,

Whenever you get a targeted email from one of these dining programs that contains an offer, and post here about it, it would be great if you could mention what the title of the email said. We got tons of junk emails from RN programs all the time, and most of us are likely in the habit of automatically deleting many of them. It's therefore good to know what title to watch out for (or what title to scour your Trash folder for!).

Thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The subject header was "Dine Now and Earn Even More Miles" which I recognized as "Hmmm ... this may not be just another of those (regular) mass blasts of local suggestions, and nothing more."
Old Sep 8, 2014, 1:19 pm
Original Member

Delta 25K new member bonus extended

The Delta Airlines - Rewards Network (iDine) 2,500 miles new member bonus was extended to September 20, 2014.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pgary
The Delta Airlines - Rewards Network (iDine) 2,500 miles new member bonus was extended to September 20, 2014.
Now if only they could extend it to all the existing SkyMiles Dining members they just sent a "join" email to!

I just got an email from Delta about this:
Earn 2,500 Bonus Miles With SkyMiles Dining
and was all excited that they'd finally sent me a targeted dining bonus, and then I start reading, and no, it's just a new member bonus for joining.

Why can't these fools have looked at my account and seen that back in Jume of this year I earned miles from SkyMiles Dining? How can I be a new member now if I was a member as recently as three months ago???

(It was Delta themselves, not SkyMiles Dining, that sent me this idiotic email.)
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
The subject header was "Dine Now and Earn Even More Miles" which I recognized as "Hmmm ... this may not be just another of those (regular) mass blasts of local suggestions, and nothing more."
Did you do the two-dine "reactivation bonus" earlier this year? (I notice you say you need 9 dines, not 11.)

I did that, but also did two more dines very soon after that (last one in June), and so far I haven't gotten anything (other than the normal blasts of local suggestions).
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you do the two-dine "reactivation bonus" earlier this year? (I notice you say you need 9 dines, not 11.)

I did that, but also did two more dines very soon after that (last one in June), and so far I haven't gotten anything (other than the normal blasts of local suggestions).
Yes, I did those two, though I had to chase the bonus down later; the promo points were posted (forced) manually as a "fake" dine by RN. So, I'm not sure the system recognizes that I completed it.

I got the "new member" email, too, and I was a very active member of iDine!

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Sep 8, 2014 at 8:52 pm
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Now if only they could extend it to all the existing SkyMiles Dining members they just sent a "join" email to!

I just got an email from Delta about this:
Earn 2,500 Bonus Miles With SkyMiles Dining
and was all excited that they'd finally sent me a targeted dining bonus, and then I start reading, and no, it's just a new member bonus for joining.

Why can't these fools have looked at my account and seen that back in Jume of this year I earned miles from SkyMiles Dining? How can I be a new member now if I was a member as recently as three months ago???

(It was Delta themselves, not SkyMiles Dining, that sent me this idiotic email.)
I got that same email as well. Someone really screwed up because I've been part of DL RN for years. I called RN to double check if I was supposed to get an email about any bonus. The answer I received was no.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:36 pm

It's not just Delta. They sent me one for the UA program as well.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I got my 10th $40 dine in on the last day for the targeted Mileage Plus offer, 8/31, and was pleasantly surprised to see the 10K bonus miles posted last night.
I actually was able to knock a few of those 10 dines off by buying gift cards, so it will take me a few weeks to get them all spent.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:11 am

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Originally Posted by Notenut
I got my 10th $40 dine in on the last day for the targeted Mileage Plus offer, 8/31, and was pleasantly surprised to see the 10K bonus miles posted last night.
I actually was able to knock a few of those 10 dines off by buying gift cards, so it will take me a few weeks to get them all spent.
After I read your post, I checked and sure enough my 10K bonus was posted. Great way to start the day.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:52 am

My 500 Reasons To Dine bonus for my Aug 30th dine posted 9/7

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.