Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 9, 12, 1:38 pm   #871
Original Member

Programs: Editor and webmaster, www.freefrequentflyermiles.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerInCmh View Post
I finally got a chance to call. The problem was that my email rejected their marketing messages, which I wasn't aware of. Therefore, I was downgraded to the lowest earning level (0.5 mile per dollar). I told the rep that I didn't do it on purpose and I asked the miles to be adjusted. He seemed to be irritated by my request and said I would get 5 miles going forward. He wouldn't retroactively give me the miles. So, I asked to speak to a supervisor, who was extremely nice. I explained the situation and she asked me to add their email addresses to the safe list. She then said she would give me the missing miles.

This was strange. I've used hotmail for my junk subscriptions like this. When I was trying to add their email addresses to my safe list, there were already there. So I don't know who had technical issues, Hotmail or RN. When I went to my RN accounts, the email opt-out option was checked ( not my doing). So I made sure to uncheck it.
Hotmail has a very annoying habit of rejecting mail it doesn't like and not telling anyone about it and not putting the rejected mail in a spam folder. I suggest you switch to a yahoo email account. If it blocks, it always sends it to its spam folder.
Old Sep 11, 12, 2:42 pm   #872

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Mileage Plus Bonus Sept. 11-25

Just got this email, no need to register, but I guess it is targeted at accounts that have stagnated a while, in my case my last MP dine was 4/12.

Quote:
Your account has been hibernating lately, but you're going to want to wake it up before winter hits. It's time to stock up on miles, and to make sure you're well supplied, we're giving away double on every dine September 11–25. (See below for details.)

You don't even need to register—just dine!

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 15, 12 at 6:37 pm. Reason: add quote box for clarity
Notenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 12, 11:29 am   #873

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P75, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat
Double American Airlines AAdvantage® miles ends September 25!

Received today.

Quote:
Don't forget, you'll earn twice the AAdvantage® miles for every dollar you spend at participating AAdvantage DiningSM restaurants September 11–25 with the Squirrel Away Double Bonus. (See below for details.)

There's no registration necessary—dine and earn double while you can!
Details:

Quote:
*This bonus offer is by invitation only for select existing AAdvantage DiningSM members. To qualify, you must remain opted in to receive emails from AAdvantage DiningSM with a valid, deliverable email address.

To earn double rewards through this bonus, you must dine at participating restaurants, bars or clubs between September 11 and September 25, 2012. Please note that activity that occurred prior to registration will not be eligible for this bonus. In addition, all dines must occur during a valid reward period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered with AAdvantage DiningSM. You may earn this bonus multiple times. Offer is not combinable with other AAdvantage DiningSM bonuses. Please allow 4–6 weeks from the date of your qualifying dine for any bonus benefits to post to your AAdvantage DiningSM account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by December 25, 2012.

Don't forget? I was never notified of this promo.

I had completely given up on i-dine since they pulled out of Canada (only had 1 dine year to date) until this weekend when I was in Dallas area. Ironically, I took my family to dinner at an i-dine restaurant and server was kind enough to split the bill in 7! So I am now only 3 dines away from VIP status again, so might actually make an effort to hit a couple of places when I'm in the U.S. Doesn't sound like I have to rate my dine(s), so I have no intention of doing so.
margarita girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 12, 5:22 pm   #874
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
I am aware of the following current signup bonuses:

AA 1500 miles:
http://aa.rewardsnetwork.com/bonus.h...ew_member_solo

Priority Club 1500 points:
http://priorityclub.rewardsnetwork.c...=G189&detail=y

Delta 2500 miles:
http://skymiles.rewardsnetwork.com/b...Amex_Exclusive

Anyone aware of other sign-on bonuses higher than the routine 1000 miles/points bonuses?

Last edited by ANC RED-EYE; Sep 18, 12 at 6:22 pm. Reason: link for better DL promo
ANC RED-EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 12, 5:35 pm   #875
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Don't forget? I was never notified of this promo.
Same here. I got the "don't forget" email, but had never been previously notified of this promo.
sdsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 12, 2:56 pm   #876
2014 Secret Santa

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, TK Silver, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IC Plat Amb
So, what happens if spend $1000 in one dine? Do I get 4x1000 miles or only 1000?
Old Sep 25, 12, 4:02 pm   #877
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBears View Post
So, what happens if spend $1000 in one dine? Do I get 4x1000 miles or only 1000?
First of all, be careful, many (though far from all) restaurants have a monthly miles earning limit of only the first $600 in spend that month. So if you spend $1000 on one dine at such a restauarnt, you'd only earn miles (regular as well as bonus) on the first $600 of that $1000 spend.

Second, there are multiple promos going on (and being discussed in this thread), and what you get depends on which you got targeted for:

If you're VIP status, your base earnings are 5 miles/$ spent, so for a single $1000 dine (at a restaurant that allowed it to all count), you'd earn 5000 miles normally.
Then if you have the targeted Squirrel Away Double Bonus, you'd earn another 5000 miles from that (provided your dine was by today, because that's when this bonus ends!).

Finally, if you have the targeted 10,000 Reasons to Dine Bonus, and your earning under that is 1000 miles bonus for each cumulative $250 spend (since it's a targeted bonus, I don't know if everyone got targeted for the same bonus earning rate), then you'd get another 4x1000 miles bonus from that, as a long as you completed a review of the dine.
(The 10,000 Reasons to Dine is based on cumulative spend, and one $1000 dine is 4 times of accumulating $250, just as 100 $10 dines are.)

If you're not yet VIP status (in which case why do $1000 as a single dine???), you'd only get 3000 base miles (and thus only 3000 if doubled via Squirrel Away).
Old Oct 2, 12, 10:31 am   #878

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Emerald Club, Amtrak
email just now:

"Rake In Double Bonus
Earn twice the American Airlines AAdvantage® miles, October 2 – 16
Every dollar you spend at participating AAdvantage DiningSM restaurants during the Rake In Double Bonus will pull in double AAdvantage® miles. Take a break from chores—you deserve to dine out or order delivery.

No registration necessary (see details below). "

Then there was an imbedded link, but thinking I should not post it becuase it contained a lot of codes.

Gee. A two-week bonus. Works for some, I'm sure.
Old Oct 2, 12, 8:29 pm   #879
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppoX View Post
Gee. A two-week bonus. Works for some, I'm sure.
If you read above (this page for the Squirrel Away bonus, a page or two back for the Reactivation bonus), all of these recent targeted double miles bonues have been for a two week period, typically after you've had some (short) period of inactivity (in that program). I got two back to back, the second simply because I was on an out-of-the-country trip (and not dining with RN for only that reason!). So two weeks in late August followed by two weeks in mid September!

It works best if some of the places near you that participate, that you like, sell gift cards. Buy gift cards when the bonus is good, use them when there's no bonus.
Old Nov 10, 12, 3:51 pm   #880
Original Member

Programs: Editor and webmaster, www.freefrequentflyermiles.com
Mommy Points found an improved 1,500 United Airlines miles bonus for new members who hold a United Airlines credit card..
Old Nov 30, 12, 5:41 pm   #881

Programs: United Silver, AA Gold, SPG Gold
Tripping 1000 mile bonus?

Old thread, but hopefully someone out there is in the same boat.

I was wondering if there's an email that one receives when iDine validates one has hit $250 in dines for the 10,000 Reasons to Party Bonus. (Yes, I was targeted and signed up, dined, gave timely reviews, etc.)

...and when, in your experience, these bonus miles have been posting. (I suppose its after the promo period, not immediately following each $250 increment.)
EkekoBWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 12, 7:42 pm   #882

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI View Post
Old thread, but hopefully someone out there is in the same boat.

I was wondering if there's an email that one receives when iDine validates one has hit $250 in dines for the 10,000 Reasons to Party Bonus. (Yes, I was targeted and signed up, dined, gave timely reviews, etc.)

...and when, in your experience, these bonus miles have been posting. (I suppose its after the promo period, not immediately following each $250 increment.)

My first one has posted. No email, it posted 1-2 weeks after I qualified.
morgan1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 12, 1:46 pm   #883
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan1929 View Post
My first one has posted. No email, it posted 1-2 weeks after I qualified.
+1. It doesn't appear at the top, by the way. It shows on the date that the dine that crossed the spend threshold occurred (right above the dine that crossed the spend threshold). So if you've done a lot of dines since then, it might be on the second page (to which you have to go manually) by the time it posts.

I've gotten two 1000 mile bonuses from AA, as well as one 300 mile bonus from DL, this way. I'm working on one more AA where I'll cross the threshold late in December, just before the promo ends. (I'm on vacation in an area with no participating restaurants for the next two weeks, so even though I only have a handful of dines that'll be needed to cross the last AA $250 threshold, I know it won't happen until later in December.)
Old Dec 23, 12, 11:02 am   #884

Made the dumb newbie mistake of signing up for several 1,000 point bonuses on rewards network in one day. Now I have only 30 days to hit the minimum $30 spend requirement on several dining programs. If I spread out signing up, I wouldn't have to be eating at the same four restaurants close to me every other day.
hairythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 12, 12:29 am   #885

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, US, WN; HH, Best Western, Choice Hotels, Marriott Hotels; Avis Preferred
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairythunder View Post
Made the dumb newbie mistake of signing up for several 1,000 point bonuses on rewards network in one day. Now I have only 30 days to hit the minimum $30 spend requirement on several dining programs. If I spread out signing up, I wouldn't have to be eating at the same four restaurants close to me every other day.
I once ate the same place for breakfast (eggs), lunch (burger) and dinner (Chicken) for four days in a row just to hit VIP. I also have dined twice at the same place in one night. I had to wait for a table and killed time at the bar. One check for the bar, and another for the meal.
Open Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote