Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is this the best program?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Is this the best program?

folks - I researched a bit but not too much to find on the forums on other programs. Is idine the best program and most restaurants for an urban city location? Also, is it really 15% on spend over $1000

Thx
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Are you asking if the cashback version is better than the various mileage versions? Or asking if there's another national restaurant network that is better than iDine/RewardsNetwork and somewhat mutually exclusive to it?

I don't participate in this program much anymore, but if I did I'd probably go cashback. Since I'm pretty dormant, I just "accidentally" earn a few AA miles here or there.

I don't think this program has a direct (mutually-exclusive) competitor. Individual cities/regions often have independent restaurants' associations that have some kind of loyalty card...I've had those in a few cities. Plus there are Entertainment-type books for lower-end and fast food restaurants. There's usually nothing that precludes these restaurants from being part of iDine: I know back in the day when this program was more lucrative, I often double-dipped between iDine and a pretty lucrative local loyalty program.

Bottom line in my area: the really outstanding restaurants aren't on iDine. You best shot at a great iDine experience is to hit a really good mom & pop startup. The more established restaurants are either part of a local loyalty program or nothing at all.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pinniped
I don't think this program has a direct (mutually-exclusive) competitor.
Well, there's:

www.thanksagain.com

which includes some restaurants, last I heard, but has a much wider variety of merchants, and restaurants are not the main focus there.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:44 am
Original Poster

great ideas. Does anybody know what's the best program to collect uber points?

Thx
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sam007
Does anybody know what's the best program to collect uber points?
Since Rewards Network (the company does the dining programs discussed in this forum) doesn't have an Uber points earning option, your latest question isn't really suited for here. There's a separate forum on FlyerTalk specifically for ride-share service including Uber. You should ask there about how to earn Uber points:
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
RN has a few smaller competitors such as MOGL, but none give you the option of choosing which rewards currency you wish to earn. Even if you're dormant or don't dine frequently, the program can help you earn some miles to extend the expiration on those airline programs that expire after a certain period of inactivity (such as American or United)
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sam007
great ideas. Does anybody know what's the best program to collect uber points?

Thx
Are there really Uber points per se? Or just partnerships out there that can generate Uber credit on occasion?

I know you can earn SPG on your Uber rides.

The Thanks Again site references earning Uber rides. But the click-through led to some other page, so not sure how it works. My only interaction with Thanks Again was the old US Airways Grand Slam promotion. I had forgotten completely that it exists!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.