Wiki Posts
Search

Online claim form

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Online claim form

Instead of calling, having to give your member info and dine details, wait while they make sure the joint and your card were ok, and then tell you to send in the receipt, we can now skip the first step by filing a "claim", wait a couple of days, and get an email to send in the receipt.

Woo Hoo!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Instead of calling, having to give your member info and dine details, wait while they make sure the joint and your card were ok, and then tell you to send in the receipt, we can now skip the first step by filing a "claim", wait a couple of days, and get an email to send in the receipt.

Woo Hoo!
It's been there for quite a while. I used it a few months ago, and it was no simpler than calling in. They responded with an email, and I had submit receipts or statements, but they told me not to reply but send them to rebates email, and then a few weeks later still nothing had happened, I resent the information by replying to their original email to me (instead of resending to the rebates email), they replied back that they had forwarded it (to rebates), and this time it finally posted about a week after that.

Also, if you've got several missing dines (I have about 8 from a period when I was using an Amex, and getting way more missing dines with that Amex than with a Visa or MC, including at several restaurants where Visa or MC has not given missing dines ever, before or since), it can be much more time consuming to do it online than over the phone, because while you can submit multiple missing dines on one phone call, you have to submit each one individually online, and then presumably get a separate email for each online submission, etc, etc. (And if you have multiple missing dines from the restaurant, I could see how they get confused with multiple individual submissions more easily than with one phone call which explained that you had multiple missing dines from the same restaurant.)
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It's been there for quite a while. I used it a few months ago, and it was no simpler than calling in. They responded with an email, and I had submit receipts or statements, but they told me not to reply but send them to rebates email, and then a few weeks later still nothing had happened, I resent the information by replying to their original email to me (instead of resending to the rebates email), they replied back that they had forwarded it (to rebates), and this time it finally posted about a week after that.
Just had the exact same protocol on a recent dine in NYC that never posted. Strange thing is that the restaurant has also had issues posting on past visits. Took 4 weeks total to finally get it resolved because I waited after I sent in the receipt copy hoping it would get resolved.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I noticed in the fine print that if the dine was charged to a debit card, one must submit a scan of that card, in addition to the receipt itself (credit cards, no).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.