Wiki Posts
Search

RN Restaurants Pulling Tricks?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
RN Restaurants Pulling Tricks?

There is a restaurant that I frequently dine at to earn miles. Unfortunately, one of their two locations closed. I suspect due to financial difficulty. Both were on RN, and the remaining location is still on RN.

So, I went and dined at the remaining location, and realized after the fact that nothing posted. I went and checked to see if the restaurant was still on RN (UA MP Dining). It was, but there were no earnings (all Xs) for all seven days of the week.

I checked again yesterday and saw that 5 miles/dine was available again for every day of the week, but upon closer inspection, the limit has been changed.

It now says: Miles awarded up to the maximum spending of $0 per month, 0 visit(s) per month.

I think that it's very misleading to show that miles will be earned, but the spend and dine limit is 0. If they're not going to award miles, they should leave the program. It looks like the last dine to ever post for anyone (based on the date on the reviews) was at the end of last month.

Last edited by diburning; Nov 16, 2014 at 10:32 pm
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by diburning
There is a restaurant that I frequently dine at to earn miles. Unfortunately, one of their two locations closed. I suspect due to financial difficulty. Both were on RN, and the remaining location is still on RN.

So, I went and dined at the remaining location, and realized after the fact that nothing posted. I went and checked to see if the restaurant was still on RN (UA MP Dining). It was, but there were no earnings (all Xs) for all seven days of the week.

I checked again yesterday and saw that 5 miles/dine was available again for every day of the week, but upon closer inspection, the limit has been changed.

It now says: Miles awarded up to the maximum spending of $0 per month, 0 visit(s) per month.

I think that it's very misleading to show that miles will be earned, but the spend and dine limit is 0. If they're not going to award miles, they should leave the program. It looks like the last dine to ever post for anyone (based on the date on the reviews) was at the end of last month.
I believe the computer had not yet been fully updated to show that the restaurant in question was leaving the program. Did you call RN? I have seen the same issue when new places join RN. About a month ago I noticed that a new restaurant was added to RN, but it took about three days before anyone could earned miles. I now check every aspect of the website before dining. I do not want to lose out on any earning opportunities.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've also been burned where there was a slight gap between expiration of the current contract and start of the next one.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I'll try calling RN when I get a chance.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

I never got a chance to call RN, but it appears to have been fixed. Now it says 5 miles/$, and Unlimited visits; Miles awarded on qualifying dines up to the maximum spending limit of $1000 per month.

Still no reviews since Oct 30th, so I'm probably not going to try again until I see a more recent one to make sure that it works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.