When does status reset on iDine?

Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It's seems to be a day or so before they post (but that's a day or two after the dine itself). I had at least one dine so far post after 1/1/13 in UA Dining, and it decreased the number of dines I needed to VIP in that program this year (2013).

(But, I, too, did not realize this until now. But then, I never considered trying to get to VIP status anywhere close to 12/31 before. I either earn status earlier in the year, or just wait until after the start of the new year so that it's valid for two years instead just one. The only reason I had dines up through 12/31 this year was because UA targeted me with a double miles on dines through 12/31. I never had a non-threshold promo going through 12/31 before, and so never had a big reason to do a dine on that day before.)

But, come to think of it, it's been long noted that the counter for the number of dines you still need is the first indicator that a dine's about to post. Years ago people in this ofrum noticed that it went down the day before the dine posts. (So if I had remembered that, I could have guessed that dines on 12/30 or 12/31 would counto toward 2013 rather than 2012 status.)
Sigh...the 2013 counter is now at 6, and I'm still not a VIP member. I'm just going to do a bunch of transactions at coffee shops to drive the counter down to 0.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.