Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New "dine for double" offers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
New "dine for double" offers

I've received a few "dine for double" emails. The Dividend Miles version runs from Dec 6-28. The MileagePlus version runs from Dec 11-31.

The offers say they are automatic, with no registration. The fine print for the first says "Offer is not combinable with other Dividend Miles Dining bonuses."

I registered back in July for the various bonuses offered at that time. (i.e. 1000 bonus miles for each $250 spent by Dec 31 on both US and UA versions.)

Either the "not combinable" clause had better be wrong, or this is a nasty way to stop us getting any more 1000-mile bonuses.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kremmen
I registered back in July for the various bonuses offered at that time. (i.e. 1000 bonus miles for each $250 spent by Dec 31 on both US and UA versions.)

Either the "not combinable" clause had better be wrong, or this is a nasty way to stop us getting any more 1000-mile bonuses.
Interesting. I've so far only received this form UA, which didn't give me a bonus for the second half of the year, presumably because they gave me a bonus for the spring and I used it a lot then.

I got the threshold bonuses to the end of the year only from AA and DL, and so far I haven't gotten the "dine for double" from either of them (nor, for that matter, from AS, WN, or PC). (I don't belong to US.)

How far apart did you get the ones from the US and UA? I got mine from UA yesterday (Tue 11 Dec).

At any rate, you should call them up and ask for a clarification if these two bonuses are really not combinable. They had another promo earlier this year with such "not combinable language", and yet there was another already in effect, and when I called them up, they said I would earn in both promos, and I did. So don't take that language at its word, but don't ignore it either; just research further since it seems to matter in your case. (It doesn't matter in my case if UA is the only who's going to give me "dine for double", and at any rate I'm out of the country through this coming weekend so I couldn't call them up right now anyhow.)
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
How far apart did you get the ones from the US and UA? I got mine from UA yesterday (Tue 11 Dec).
I received the US one on the 6th and the UA one on the 11th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.