Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

iDine losses and sudden defections (consolidated)

iDine losses and sudden defections (consolidated)

Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:59 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Exclamation iDine losses and sudden defections (consolidated)

We can maintain a consolidated list of iDine / Rewards Network restaurants and chains that have left the fold to this thread. I will maintain this post with an updated listing as necessary.

Code:
Bennigan's, Steak and Ale (March 1, 2008)
Paragon Steakhouses (February 1, 2008) post #2 lists subsidiary restaurants)

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 6, 2008 at 9:53 am Reason: copy / add / transform
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Exclamation iDine losses and sudden defections

All of Paragon Steakhouse Restaurants are ALL suddenly gone - Cliff House of Folsom, Hungry Hunter Steakhouse, Carver's Steaks and Chops locally for me, as well as Hunter Steakhouse, Mountain Jack's Steakhouse, Carvers Creek. No warning, no notice, just GONE.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by JDiver
All of Paragon Steakhouse Restaurants are ALL suddenly gone - Cliff House of Folsom, Hungry Hunter Steakhouse, Carver's Steaks and Chops locally for me, as well as Hunter Steakhouse, Mountain Jack's Steakhouse, Carvers Creek. No warning, no notice, just GONE.
We feel your pain JDiver. Our condolences to you and yours.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 9:00 am
Original Poster

ROFL!

Since Paragon is a nationwide chain, I'll bet there are more of us who are also in mourning.

Originally Posted by atxtraveler
We feel your pain JDiver. Our condolences to you and yours.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've run across joints that go in and out of the program like a Hokey Pokey dancer! I did have luck last time this happened as RN took pity on me, ruling that a brief period between enrollments did not constitute "having left the program" and gave me the miles (as a goodwill gesture).
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Exclamation FYI: Bennigan's, Steak and Ale Pulling Out 3/1

After only a few months in the program it seems that all those chain restaurants are out of the program this Saturday, 3/1- too bad.

Although sometimes the benefits alert icon shows up and they wind up taking it off because the contract was renewed or something similar, but it's only been a few months so I don't think that is the case. We'll see....
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Another two good-sized chains bite the proverbial dust, with Paragon Steakhouses. Sorry to hear that, but if this isn't a clarion call for gift certs, I don't know what is... just be sure, IMO, to document the fact the restos you buy from are still on iDine when you buy with a PDF or screen print.

(I'll merge this thread into the sudden defections thread after a week or so...)
Old Mar 1, 2008, 4:49 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Sigh...I even have a $5 off next purchase for Bennigan's saved up. Too bad I won't get points for them now.

(I just checked the idine site and the Boston Bennigan's is now no longer listed.)
Old Mar 2, 2008, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Sorry guys... it might be all my fault. I consistently knocked the local restaurant for atmosphere, as they are one of the few bastions of restaurant smoking in our area, and I used RewardsNetwork as a means to get them to outlaw it.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 7:33 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Ponderosa, which is owned by the same company, does not appear to have pulled out however.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Notenut
After only a few months in the program it seems that all those chain restaurants are out of the program this Saturday, 3/1- too bad.
So glad I saw this about Bennigan's. I had never eaten at the one in my 'burb until they joined RN. Ate there on 2-29 and topped of the check with a GC to put the total just over $25. I would not have even looked them up to see if there were still a part since they seemed to have just joined. Well, time to burn the GC's and find another local place to earn AA the bonus!
Old Mar 7, 2008, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
29 Degree Tavern in Ft. Worth dropped off the list over night!

Fair warning to those who were piling up IDine miles for a couple beers!
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Pacific Grill in Tacoma gone

Here's the text of an e-mail I just sent to Pacific Grill today.

I am from out of town and periodically go to Tacoma to visit customers. I've taken them to Pacific Grill three times (group of 6-8 people) in the last year since I usually stay at the Marriott Courtyard or the former Sheraton Tacoma. I discovered you through the Rewards Network/I-Dine program. (And none of my customers who live in the Tacoma area were familiar with your restaurant, but liked it very much and planned to return.)

I will be in Tacoma on March XXth and will be taking a group of 6 out to dinner. I was disappointed to see that you dropped out of Rewards Network. So last week, I checked the Open Table Reservations web site and saw that you were participating with them. Not as good as Rewards Network, but I was still going to take my group to dinner to your restaurant, but unfortunately didn't make my reservation right away as our meeting plans weren't finalized yet. I tried to make my reservation today, and see that you've dropped out of that program as well!

Oh well, it's off to The Fondue Pot down the street for us for 1000 pts with Open Table.

You should never underestimate the power of loyalty programs

Last edited by margarita girl; Mar 7, 2008 at 11:07 am
Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Excellent letter!
Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:29 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Glad you had a great example to share with them too! Hopefully your note will get read by the right folks and perhaps cause them to re-evaluate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.