Iberia's Airbus 340-300

Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold for Life, on my way to Platinum for Life (1.78 million miles)
Iberia's Airbus 340-300

I'm in IB economy class in June MIA/MAD/MIA -- the equipment listed for this flight is the A340-300. I'm in seat 9D. No seat information for Iberia on SeatGuru. Anyone had any experience with Iberia's version of this equipment, or on Iberia's service from Miami in general?

How do they treat OneWorld platinum-level customers from other alliance airlines (AA, in this case)?

Any information would be appreciated, as I have not flown IB since the 70's, when IB was justifiably infamous for its surly staff.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:30 am

I've tried seat expert too. Keeps saying will add seating map in the future. So hard to get information about seats on IB. I would like to hear from people who travel IB which seats in business are good or bad.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold DL Gold VY apologist
If you do a search you'll find lots of information about this very subject right here in this very forum.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:51 am
Raf

Programs: M@M FT, Flying Blue, BA Exec. Club, CSA Plus
A 340-300 seatmap

Here you find a seatmap
http://grupo.iberia.es/portal/site/g...vengode=Iberia

Row 9 is 2'nd next to BC. Just standard seats. Do not expect great comfort.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 3:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Flew Iberia from MAD-EZE last year in economy on the A340-300.

My wife and I had the two seats by the window which allowed us to relax without the need of worrying about having to let someone in or out.We had previously done this route with both Air France and British Airways and Iberia were similar in comparisson - no worse - no better, apart from the IFE.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:19 am

Programs: IB plus Platinum, JK Gold, BAEC Silver, LH Senator, PC Platinum Ambassador
Seat ok, meal service under average in Iberia coach, IFE very bad comparing it with other OW members...
Old Mar 26, 2008, 1:32 pm

I found the info at seatmaestro similar to seat guru but itis not updated since Iberia no longer has a first class, only business.

J
Old Mar 27, 2008, 2:38 am

Programs: IB Platinum, LH FF, JK Gold, FB Plat, PC Plat/IC Amb, Hertz #1 PC
Row 22, Emergency Exit...the inconveninece will be lavatories just beside you but you'll have plenty of legroom.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.