Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Business Class recently?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by stimpy
Thanks for the news on the seats. I agree that BA can be nicer, but if the fare difference is €1000 I can put up with a lot of attitude. And besides the whole point of flat seats for me is that I can sleep the entire flight. Who needs crew?
Just bring chocolates and offer them to the crew. That should soften them a bit.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1 Million Miles, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Platinum, AA Citi Exec, Hilton Aspire, Bilt
I flew IB Business class on the 340-600 in early November on the MAD-MIA route. Seats were indeed fully flat and the hard product was pretty good and certainly more roomy than AA NGBC which I fly regularly. However, the flight attendants were mediocre and the food service was slightly better than piss poor. AA flight attendants and AA food service in J was significantly better in my opinion. Also, AA gives the Bose sound canceling headsets which makes it much easier to sleep than with the low quality headphones that IB gave out. IB's lounge at MAD was significantly better than any Admiral's Club in terms of food and drink offerings; however, the lounge had no WiFi on the day I was there which is ridiculous IMO.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by headinclouds
The first few rows have a few extra inches of seat pitch, but they are 3-3. Intra-Europe flights in biz class leave the middle seat unoccupied on both sides.
Also, the width is a standard economy... Other airlines who leave the middle seat empty (or fix a little table on it which is a good idea) at least move the arm rests so that you have more space. I wasn't impressed with the IB seats at all (I flew about one week ago on their A319 in C)
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
I am trying to figure out whether or not to take IB on the JFK-MAD leg in J. It says its on a 757 but is the business class seat a lie-flat new product or some older version? TIA
Old Oct 2, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: Miles&More, Hemköp kundkort
Originally Posted by psyflyer
I am trying to figure out whether or not to take IB on the JFK-MAD leg in J. It says its on a 757 but is the business class seat a lie-flat new product or some older version? TIA
I'm pretty sure IB don't have any 757s, or any other Boeing aircraft. Is that perhaps a codeshare (AA?)?
Old Oct 2, 2011, 6:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It is as KurtOlsson says; the only 757 Iberia owns is stored. You are undoubtedly on an American Airlines operated codeshare, on a Boeing 757-223 with the "NGBC" nearly flat reclined seat, as used in the 767-223ER and 777-223ER (but slightly more spacious configuration).

You can read a trip report about this particular flight here.

Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:32 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by JDiver
It is as KurtOlsson says; the only 757 Iberia owns is stored. You are undoubtedly on an American Airlines operated codeshare, on a Boeing 757-223 with the "NGBC" nearly flat reclined seat, as used in the 767-223ER and 777-223ER (but slightly more spacious configuration).

You can read a trip report about this particular flight here.
I think AA's soft product is better but the IB seat is at less of an angle and seemed to be much closer to flat than AA's current C. Not sure how big of an issue differences in soft product are or how much angle matters to you. If closer to flat seats are your preference, IB, if soft product matters much more than angled -lie-flat slop, then AA.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
Originally Posted by ande777emt
I think AA's soft product is better but the IB seat is at less of an angle and seemed to be much closer to flat than AA's current C.
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't IB gone to 180-degree lie flat on all the A340 long-haul Business Plus seats, since maybe early 2010?
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Originally Posted by malcolmkettering
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't IB gone to 180-degree lie flat on all the A340 long-haul Business Plus seats, since maybe early 2010?
You are correct.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:37 pm

I've read on other sites that Iberia's business class is not fully flat but angled lie flat transatlantic. Has the whole fleet been upgraded yet? Am I missing something?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by MForrestS
I've read on other sites that Iberia's business class is not fully flat but angled lie flat transatlantic. Has the whole fleet been upgraded yet? Am I missing something?
AFAIK all the long-haul fleet has fully flat seats in Biz
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:59 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Originally Posted by more4less
AFAIK all the long-haul fleet has fully flat seats in Biz
Ditto
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MForrestS
Am I missing something?
Yes the two posts above yours.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
Does anybody know, IB C shorthaul promo fare, does it include lounge access, I cannot find definitive answer anywhere.
Thank you
Old Feb 13, 2024, 8:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by lehovec
Does anybody know, IB C shorthaul promo fare, does it include lounge access, I cannot find definitive answer anywhere.
Thank you
I have never heart that the promo fares don’t include lounge access, so I imagine that it should be OK.
tmac100 and lehovec like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.