Community
Wiki Posts
Search

help needed on a new ibera plus account

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

help needed on a new ibera plus account

I opened an Iberia plus account with the intent of using part of 350k BA avios, to fly from lax to madrid next summer.

my main problem is when I get into BA website/manage my account to combine accounts, it won't let me. I called BA and they said they show my Iberia plus account as not active.

1. I opened my Iberia plus account of 3/1/17, but my profile is not showing complete? not sure if this is the cause, but in certain tabs I've filled out all the information but it says only 60% complete. not sure why

2. customer service- I've emailed Iberia plus and they said I have to call in. I've tried calling the number they gave me and it always just hangs up on me after I select- English and say talk to an agent.
"According to the information you provided, we inform you that to process your request, it is necessary that you contact us at the Customer Service Line with the number 1-800-772-4642"

3. I've read somewhere in order to combine BA avios with ibera plus, you must have some point activity on your account, I have none. whats the easiest way to do this. I would just buy something off their site if that would help. I don't have any amex points to transfer over, just startwood.

tks in advance
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These threads may (or may not) help

BA
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-my-avios.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...our-avios.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...a-plus-ec.html

IB
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...-com-tool.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...os-broken.html

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Aug 18, 2017 at 7:06 pm
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:28 pm

This is a common question in this forum.

Your IB+ is not active, because you haven't earned any points. Buying something on their website, renting a car with Avis, crediting a hotel stay (many partners), Spanish gas stations, etc. If you have SPG points, you can transfer a few to activate your account. However, even after you do this you will have to wait three months until you are eligible to combine your Avios between BAEC and IB+.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
IIRC SPG points don't transfer directly to Iberia. It would have to be an SPG hotel stay with IB+ chosen as a direct airline deposit.

(many moons ago for one of the IB+ partner promos I believe I had to do some gymnastics of that type)

Buying something via the Iberia E-store is a quick and easy way to activate an account.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
IIRC SPG points don't transfer directly to Iberia. It would have to be an SPG hotel stay with IB+ chosen as a direct airline deposit.
They didn't use to, but now they do (1:1).
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Yllanes
They didn't use to, but now they do (1:1).
Good to know. ^

Very easy to activate an IB+ account then if you can move over some SPG points.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:39 am
Original Poster

thanks for much for the feedback, i'll move some spg points over. I tried searching but didn't find anything.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
2 questions for the gurus here.

first question: If my brother opens an Iberia account today , can he immediately transfer in Amex MR points? If so, any recent data points as to how quickly they post?

Second question: If I have a BA household account that has 20,000 Avios in it, with 10k mine and 10k from another member of my household, can I transfer ALL 20k to my IB account or only the 10k that are "mine".

Thanks for the help!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
1) Yes...no idea how long it takes, I don't use MR. I think it's 24 hours or so

2) Only "yours" and you cannot transfer directly, you'll have to transfer via avios.com. If it presents a region restriction, just sign up for Aer Lingus Aer Club which is essentially just an avios.com account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.