(when) do IB release late award seats?

Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold DL Gold VY apologist
(when) do IB release late award seats?

Hey IB people, I have two flights booked with Avios MAD-ORD and ORD-MAD for later in August, in new Premium Economy (due to no availability in biz).

As the day is approaching I see that the flight is still 9s all the way across in the business cabin.

Anyone know if they will likely make award seats available at some point?

And in case they do, would I be able to switch to J for the return? I don't care much about the outbound but would like to get J for the overnight flights if I can. Assuming it won't be easy (having lived in Spain for 15 years) but it seems I ought to be able to cancel the Y+ return and book the J and have them charge me the difference in Avios?

Thanks for any info!
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold DL Gold VY apologist
Answering my own question. There is award availability right now (wasn't showing on EF but they let me book on the IB+ site). They won't let me change nor cancel a single leg. Either I cancel the entire booking, or screw off. Sigh.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
That is why I always use BAEC to book my IB awards!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.