Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia.com domain appears to not exist right now

Iberia.com domain appears to not exist right now

Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Iberia.com domain is a little flakey right now

Is anyone else seeing this problem? I tried to visit www.iberia.com and get a domain error, or Error página no encontrada, or a page from interdomain.es. I also can't click on any links in an email I received about promotions.

Edited: It seems like https://www.iberia.com/web/home.do?m...us&language=en works though which is strange. Maybe it's a problem on my end.

Last edited by rrgg; Apr 20, 2017 at 11:15 am
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Problem's on your end...
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:39 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by rrgg
Is anyone else seeing this problem? I tried to visit www.iberia.com and get a domain error, or Error página no encontrada, or a page from interdomain.es.
Same here... I'm in the US and getting a page from interdomain.es on my end.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I was just seeing this, too. Seems like they're working it out now, though.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, IHG Spire Amb, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Problem's on your end...
:-: for you - helpful
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
haha the idiots must have let their domain name lapse, or let it be hijacked. DNS whois shows something changed today, so hijacking probably most likely answer.

Last edited by BobbySteel; Apr 20, 2017 at 2:21 pm
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:21 pm

Iberia's twitter is replying to people that website is down, they are aware and looking at the issue.

Seems like domain hijacking.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Problem's on your end...
No just means your ISP has stale DNS records and aren't refreshing DNS updates properly.

Iberia's DNS records were altered - likely their stupidity for having the domain name registration better protected. That change would propagate pretty quick to downstream name servers.

Iberia's DNS provider is also clueless as their TTL seems to be 24 hours (86,400 seconds) - most providers don't do this anymore. Essentially what it means is the bad record will not get a force update for 24 hours as downstream DNS servers don't have a need to expire for 24 hours. 12 hours is best practice and even lower if you have proactive moves/changes happening

Last edited by NickP 1K; Apr 20, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NickP 1K
No just means your ISP has stale DNS records and aren't refreshing DNS updates properly.

Iberia's DNS records were altered - likely their stupidity for having the domain name registration better protected. That change would propagate pretty quick to downstream name servers.

Iberia's DNS provider is also clueless as their TTL seems to be 24 hours (86,400 seconds) - most providers don't do this anymore. Essentially what it means is the bad record will not get a force update for 24 hours as downstream DNS servers don't have a need to expire for 24 hours. 12 hours is best practice and even lower if you have proactive moves/changes happening
Thank you for the helpful insight!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Quite possibly, but I am also based in Spain and use iberia.es to access their website, and that worked the whole time.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Quite possibly, but I am also based in Spain and use iberia.es to access their website, and that worked the whole time.
Yeah . - I tried that and it redirected to the dead iberia.com . Likely they had a geo located redirect if outside Spain. You would have thought that they temp would have taken the redirect off and just set it to the Spanish site with English language
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:02 pm

Iberia's website is half-dead again

if just go to www.iberia.com it says 'The page you have requested is not available'. But if you got iberia.com/gb it works...
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by schrodingerdog

if just go to www.iberia.com it says 'The page you have requested is not available'. But if you got iberia.com/gb it works...
I haven't had trouble with it today. If you do, please try the link in my first post.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by schrodingerdog

This is actually a common problem on Iberia.com - clear your cookies.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Français, anyone?

For some time, up until about a month ago, when I tried to log into www.iberia.com or www.iberia.es, the French translation of the website came up. Of course Google kindly asked me if I wanted to translate it, but that is not the question.

I could not change the site to English or Spanish. Anyone else have the same problem?

On the brighter side, I was able to book travel in French...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.