Search

IB flight no or BA flight no

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI Diamante- that's all that matters
IB flight no or BA flight no

To the ones who have more experience in these things,

trying to book a A-B-C C-D ticket, on Iberia.com. A-B on Air Nostrum, B-C on Iberia metal and C-D on BA metal.

On the summary page, Iberia shows first trip with Iberia flight nos (including one codeshare on A-B), but the C-D trip shows as BA flight no.

I know for sure that on the arrivals screen the C-D segment does have an Iberia codeshare, but the Iberia.com page confuses me (see below).

Question: Does the summary page show the flight codes that will actually appear on the ticket, and am I safe to book this, so that the BA flight will count towards my re-qualification criteria (4 BA segments)? Or the summary page is incorrect and at the time of ticketing the C-D segment will end up with an IB flight number?

Or would a travel agent be better, can they issue this on a BA ticket no?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
IB flights also count for your 4, so your query is irrelevant. You'll get 3 qualifying flights and 120 TPs. (I think OPO-MAD gets 40 but Spanish domestics only get 20)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI Diamante- that's all that matters
oh, wow. Good to know. BA website does not say this. Thank you for your response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.