Wiki Posts
Search

Seat allocation on Iberia 340-600

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Seat allocation on Iberia 340-600

Hello!
I booked a Madrid - Bogota for 2nd January 2018 in Business class. I tried to select my seats but this is not possibile. I have been automatically assigned 1 E and 1 G but if i go on seat guru the first row with E and G is row 2. Maybe a different aircraft or different seat scheme?

Thanks
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:03 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
This is due to the upcoming cabin reconfiguration with Premium Economy being installed. Looking at the seat map on Expert Flyer, the first row in Business Class after the reconfiguration is now 1C / 1E 1G / 1J.

(Premium Economy is replacing rows 10-12 of Business, and with two lavs currently behind row 12, it's likely they will have to reconfigure the gallery and/or lav layout at the front of the cabin.)
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by luxoitalia
Hello!
I booked a Madrid - Bogota for 2nd January 2018 in Business class. I tried to select my seats but this is not possibile. I have been automatically assigned 1 E and 1 G but if i go on seat guru the first row with E and G is row 2. Maybe a different aircraft or different seat scheme?

Thanks
Sometimes IB does not allow to book the seats in advance, do not know the reason. If you do not like the seats that they have assigned you(I would only choose 1E and 1G if I was traveling with Mrs m4l), call and ask to be changed.

So many months ahead I am sure there will still be plenty of choice.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Seat Guru can rarely be relied on.

E/G are the seats you would want, though, as a couple traveling together. The separated seats in the middle block are going to be D/H so the difference is fairly obvious.

I have always been able to book seats when booking J awards with Avios. Eventually you should be able to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.