Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia IDB voucher - how to cash?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KL G, QR G, MSL S
Iberia IDB voucher - how to cash?

I was IDB'ed on a recent MAD-LHR flight, ticketed on BA stock, and IB customer service at MAD rebooked me on a later flight and issued me a voucher entitled 'compensacion por dengacion de embarque', with compensation of EUR 125 specified, and a specific reference number, cashable at any Iberia ticket office, said the CS agent. At Heathrow, I approached BA as Iberia's agents to cash the voucher, who basically laughed at me and said they couldn't help. Does anyone have advice as to how to proceed?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Online at iberia.com perhaps? After selecting a flight, can you enter it in the "promotional code" field?

If not, then you'll need to call IB to use it. I'm presuming it's a reference number starting 075?

Out of interest, how did they approach you? Or did you say something as you knew it was a busy flight? Was it at check-in or at the gate? Which flight was it?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL G, QR G, MSL S
Thanks for your reply. I tried the promotional code field at iberia.com, but not recognised. It is a reference number starting 075.

I was originally on IB3172 on 20 Feb. I had tried to OLCI at -24 hours, but for whatever reason the system failed. At airport check-in, the kiosk did not assign me a seat, and the agent there said I would get a seat assignment at the gate. That didn't happen, and 7 of us were sent along to CS for rebooking. I didn't hear any call for volunteers at the gate, so VDB/IDB procedure not quite followed. Compensation was proactively offered, plus meal voucher, although we had to fight to get rebooked on flights later that day, they were quite keen for us to spend the night in MAD...
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
As you were involuntarily denied boarding you can get EU compensation, 250€ in cash for such a flight. The 125€ voucher does not waive that right.

To use it, you'll have to call up I'm afraid.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
If it is actually redeemable for cash (and not just further transportation) you'd need to go to an actual IB ticket desk, not BA's. Try calling IB and see if there's somewhere you can send it by post in exchange for a cheque or bank transfer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.