Search

paying for lounge access at MAD?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2017, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
paying for lounge access at MAD?

Just wondering: A friend of mine (incl. family) will soon by flying IB MAD-FRA.

Is there an (easy) way for them to pay for lounge access, either at an IB or 3rd party lounge?

It seems like there are various 3rd party lounges at MAD which charge ~25Euros/person, but I'm not sure that option is overly convenenient.

(FWIW, I also checked with some of the newer apps such as LoungeBuddy, but MAD doesn't seem to be included.)

He has no FF status, Priority Pass membership or similar.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Yes, you can use the AENA Plaza Mayor lounge in T4 main

http://www.aena.es/en/madrid-barajas...aza-mayor.html
Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks a lot!^

Just to confirm: All Schengen flights operated by Iberia depart from T4? (I'd purchase lounge passes for them online as a gift, so just want to make sure.)

Any thoughts on the quality of the lounge? (family with a well-behaved 5yr old)
Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:10 am

I posted a couple of photos of the lounge here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...unges-mad.html It's pretty good, well above average for a Priority Pass lounge, I think.

However, in general I don't think paying for lounges is worth it unless you have a long connection (and this seems like a direct flight).
Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks!^ Based on your photos that lounge actually looks pretty decent.

They have a 6h connection at MAD, so I figured I'd gift them lounge access for their layover.

And I generally agree, but at 40Euros for a family of 3 (when buying the lounge passes online for them) it doesn't seem like an unreasonable deal.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Thanks!^ Based on your photos that lounge actually looks pretty decent.

They have a 6h connection at MAD, so I figured I'd gift them lounge access for their layover.

And I generally agree, but at 40Euros for a family of 3 (when buying the lounge passes online for them) it doesn't seem like an unreasonable deal.
Ah, OK, since you mentioned they were flying MAD-FRA I thought there was no connection. For a long connection I think that's actually a good price. The flight to FRA will definitively leave from T4.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yllanes
Ah, OK, since you mentioned they were flying MAD-FRA I thought there was no connection. For a long connection I think that's actually a good price. The flight to FRA will definitively leave from T4.
Thanks!^

Would MAD-DUS also definitely leave from T4?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes.

There is always a small chance T4 flights will leave from the Schengen area of T4S (M gates), but in this case you would still use the T4 lounges.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Does anyone have experience purchasing passes online?

http://www.aena.es/en/madrid-barajas...aza-mayor.html

I want to purchase two lounge passes for someone else, but it's somewhat unclear whether the lounge passes are freely transferable?

The website asks me to enter a first and last name and on the payment page, it only asks for a credit card number and expiry date.

I just want to make sure I'm not stuck with perosnalize dlounge passes which are of no use to me.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.