Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Denied OneWorld elite benefit on reward flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied OneWorld elite benefit on reward flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Can anyone share with me the customer contact email for Iberia?
We submitted the claim via the web form, and got a reply saying the attachments failed to upload for security reason. Second time we submitted it, the system wouldn't let us log in at all. I guess it's because IP address from Taiwan is blocked from accessing Iberia website. And my partner tried to submit it again today in Korea, again it wouldn't let him.
It is very frustrating dealing with this company.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:12 am

[email protected]
Old Feb 12, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
So we booked flights recently with Iberia. I transferred my Avios from BAEC to IB+. I have no status in IB+. However, we're two passengers, and the co-passenger has BAEC gold. So with one oneworld emerald in the booking we should get all Oneworld benefits. We could select seats for free, including exit row seats.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
I booked an Avios redemption with Iberia a couple of days but during the booking it forced my IB FFP number where I have no status. I then changed it via Finnair but in my Iberia account it shows both my BA and IB number.

Any ideas which one will be printed on my boarding pass? I'd like to access the lounges in T5 so can I just show my BA card if my IB number is on the ticket?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
First question, not sure. Second question, of course.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
I did exactly the same thing and on my boarding pass it only showed the IB number and status. However, since my travelling partner had BA Gold status we could enter the lounge
Old Feb 25, 2017, 3:15 am

Ins trick IB+ basic members that have an OWS or OWE level with another airline:

when you book a flight for yourself on the iberia-homepage initially your IB-profil and FF-number is preset as passenger details.
You have to create a new "beneficiary person" with your name and your OWS/E FFN and then unclick the "I fly myself" and select your name out of the list of persons you have registered as persons you like to redeem avios for.
than all your status benefits are granted.
H2L likes this.
Old May 22, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
I booked an Avios redemption with Iberia a couple of days but during the booking it forced my IB FFP number where I have no status. I then changed it via Finnair but in my Iberia account it shows both my BA and IB number.

Any ideas which one will be printed on my boarding pass? I'd like to access the lounges in T5 so can I just show my BA card if my IB number is on the ticket?
Just wanted to report back that my BA number was correctly displayed on my boarding pass and not the IB one. So maybe something has been fixed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.