Wiki Posts
Search

Visit of 3 passengers in MAD lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Visit of 3 passengers in MAD lounge

Hello,

I'm not sure, where to ask this question, here or in BA forum, but since it regards IB lounge in MAD, I think this might be the right place :-)

I'll be traveling with my wife and daughter with IB from MAD to TFN in Y. I have BAEC Silver card. As far as I know, it entitles me to invite one guest to OW lounge. I wonder, if it's possible that I'll be allowed to enter with two family members at the same time?
I hope I'm right thinking that I'm allowed to revisit OW lounge on the same day, before my OW flight. If I'm correct, it means that I could visit it one time with one guest, then leave it and return later with other guest. In such case, from lounge's point of view, if they let me in with two family members at one time, it's like two above mentioned visits but in the same time.
What's your experience as regards visiting OW lounges (and particularly the lounges in MAD) with your family?
I have also Priority Pass but, as far as I know, IB lounges in MAD are not available for PP users, so my card will be useless in this case.

Best regards, Bartek
Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:11 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by tropikey
Hello,

I'm not sure, where to ask this question, here or in BA forum, but since it regards IB lounge in MAD, I think this might be the right place :-)

I'll be traveling with my wife and daughter with IB from MAD to TFN in Y. I have BAEC Silver card. As far as I know, it entitles me to invite one guest to OW lounge. I wonder, if it's possible that I'll be allowed to enter with two family members at the same time?
I hope I'm right thinking that I'm allowed to revisit OW lounge on the same day, before my OW flight. If I'm correct, it means that I could visit it one time with one guest, then leave it and return later with other guest. In such case, from lounge's point of view, if they let me in with two family members at one time, it's like two above mentioned visits but in the same time.
What's your experience as regards visiting OW lounges (and particularly the lounges in MAD) with your family?
I have also Priority Pass but, as far as I know, IB lounges in MAD are not available for PP users, so my card will be useless in this case.

Best regards, Bartek
This is the right forum

Well depending on how old your daughter is then it may vary whether or not they'll let her in. Ask someone nicely entering the lounge if they'll guest her in.

Your theory of re-entering the lounge might work but the thing is that the lounge matrons might notice what you are trying to do.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:15 am

There is a nice PP pass lounge in MAD T4 (separate from the IB lounge), if you can get guests there.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:27 am
Original Poster

thank you both :-)

At the time of our travel, my daughter will 17 years old. I hope they don't find her too adult :-)
As regards PP lounge, of course we could go there. However, I worked quite hard to get my silver status in BAEC, so would like to have as many benefits of it as possible :-D

Once again, thank you for help, Bartek
Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:24 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I think if you are discreet and ask nicely with a smile, there's a good chance they are allowed. If you try your sneaking in method, very likely they will be on to you. (maybe even try to learn how to ask in Spanish for extra flattery)

"¿Me podrían acompañar mi mujer y mi hija también?" would be a good way to ask
Old Dec 20, 2016, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks for lesson of Spanish. I'll try tu use this sentence, although I remember that when I tried some time ago to say in Spanish something sophisticated, the result was rather pathetic :-D
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Being the daughter 17 yo, and being Silver BAEC members allowed only 1 guest by rules & perks, I'm sorry but I wouldn't ask it. It's not nice, IMHO, to put the lounge agent in the embarrassing position to refuse or break rules.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:30 am
Original Poster

OK, but what's the alternative? Do they accept extra guest for additional fee?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
They do not. The PP lounges are quite nice to be fair (and not that different, as would be the case if you were visiting the T4S lounge).

The agents (well, the computer) records you and your guest - once I visited the T4 lounge with a guest who was departing from there before going over to T4S where I was asked whether I had visited the other lounge and where my guest was, the agent didn't seem too happy with that.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Well, considering that IB doesn't accept additional guests for fee, I think there's nothing wrong in asking at lounge's reception if all three members of our family (traveling together, in the same IB flight) could enter the lounge on basis of my silver BAEC card. If they refuse, I'll accept it and won't argue.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: Iberia SAS
Hi tropikey!
Were you able to get into the lounge?

Best,

Yago
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

my plans have changed and we'll be there in July. I'll tell about our experiences then :-)
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Ok, I've already visited MAD and tried to use my charm to get into lounge in T4 with my wife and daughter. Well, even though I tried to be as polite as possible, the gentleman at the desk kindly refused :-(
In such case I left my girls in lounge and made short walk around T4. Fortunately, we had only approx. 40-50 minutes, so time passed very quickly... Conclusion is that they seem to be very strict as regards rules of entrance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.