Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB 545 GRX-MAD Availability Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

IB 545 GRX-MAD Availability Question

We are currently scheduled on IB 545 on May 02, 2017 at 7:00 am. Tried to look for another ticket, couldn't find one, and Expertflyer shows the entire flight has -0- availability. The incoming flight from the night before IB 544 also shows -0- availability.

I looked at other dates and this happens on other random days in April and May, couldn't find a pattern for days, but IB 545 and the previous night IB 544 shows -0- availability.

We called Iberia and they said that the flight is scheduled on May 02 and not cancelled.

We don't fly Iberia often, any idea if this is the beginning process for Iberia to cancel the flight or perhaps an aircraft/carrier change (currently A319)?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
The 1st May is a public holiday in Spain . I wondr if this may affect some schedules and have a knock on effect to the day after.

The other iberia and Air Nostrum flights seem to be available on the IB web site
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by malagajohn
The 1st May is a public holiday in Spain . I wondr if this may affect some schedules and have a knock on effect to the day after.
And May 2nd is a holiday in Madrid, so it's a four-day weekend.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Based on some of the other random dates that we found 0 availability on Expertflyer, we are guessing that this is more than a holiday adjustment.

Other dates we found:

May 14, MAD-GRX, 0 avail, IB 544
May 15, GRX-MAD, 0 avail, IB 545

APR 13, 14, 15, MAD-GRX, 0 avail, IB 544
APR 14, 15, 16, GRX-MAD, 0 avail, IB 545

We hope that our flight is going to remain on the schedule, just appears unusual.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Originally Posted by Yllanes
And May 2nd is a holiday in Madrid, so it's a four-day weekend.
Sorry ... I left Madrid in 1992 .

But I never should forget the great victory against the Napoleonic troops !!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
15 May is San Isidro, the April dates are over Easter.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: LH (Silver), IB Plus (Gold)
Apparantenly, Iberia has not charged yet those Y buckets in the system from April 17 onwards. You can only apply for J so far. Just wait till December 16 o January 17 and hopefully those seats will be available. I have the same issue with other routes (MAD-ICN) and the only reason for that to happen is that it is very early ahead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.