Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

55 minute layover in Madrid, Barajas to transfer from terminal 4s to 4-- sufficient??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

55 minute layover in Madrid, Barajas to transfer from terminal 4s to 4-- sufficient??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone,
I recently booked a ticket from Tel-Aviv, Israel to Funchal,Madeira, with a connection at Madrid barajas.
I booked the ticket via a travel agency and the operating airline is Iberia , however, i'm a little concerned about the transfer time from terminal 4S to 4- my flight lands in Madrid at 10:40 at terminal 4S, then the flight to Funchal,Madeira departs at 11:35 at terminal 4, totalling about one hour between touch down and take off, a timeframe within which I have to get from the plane to the departure gate.
I've done my homework and read about the underground 5 minute train, but ideally I'd really like to have an account of someone who's faced the same transfer; is it possible in one hour ? I'd just like to know it this is a /possible/ amount of time, so as to know if I should get a train down instead, i dont know any thing about barajas and how it goes
I'd be very grateful for any information anyone can bring to the matter.
Thanks to all who read
Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:41 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
If it's all on one ticket, you'll be fine. Immigration is fast as is security. Might want to get a seat toward the front to save a couple minutes but that's the minimum connection time.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Get off the aircraft, walk along to immigration. Take the lift down to the train, it comes about every 3-6 minutes and takes 5 minutes. Take the lift up, turn right and right again, clear Security, go upstairs and you'll end up at the gates in T4 say 25 minutes after doors open from TLV. Find your gate, if it's an Air Nostrum flight you're very likely to depart from K gates, another 10 minutes away.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You should make it. Your checked luggage might not. (quite often luggage takes an hour to arrive to the carrousels)
Old Jul 13, 2016, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
(quite often luggage takes an hour to arrive to the carrousels)
Is this getting better? In my last two T4S flights it took about 20 min from doors open to seeing my bag on the belt.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Yeah, I think it is improving. On my last JFK, the belt broke because too many bags arrived before the passengers and led to a backup in the delivery belts.

I imagine for a 319 rather than a widebody, luggage wouldn't be an issue at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.