Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sendo card promotions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by dumba
Hi nextu, yes the bonuses are perfectly combinable. I got them both this year, I can confirm it personally you can also open cards with other banks (i.e. BBVA, Banco Popular, etc), but bonuses are much lower (around 4,500 Avios).
Let me know if you need a sign-up referral link to Amex or Iberia Sendo cards.
I thought it wasn't possible, thanks for the info!
Just in case it matters, in which order did you apply and get the bonuses?
I already have the Amex, but I'll let you know if I apply for the Sendo in the coming months.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
Thumbs up Sign-up bonuses

Originally Posted by netxu
I thought it wasn't possible, thanks for the info!
Just in case it matters, in which order did you apply and get the bonuses?
I already have the Amex, but I'll let you know if I apply for the Sendo in the coming months.
Hi nextu, yes of course it's perfectly possible to combine sign-up bonuses because Amex ES and Iberia Sendo are two completely different companies. So just to make sure we are talking about the same thing here, I paste links to the cards: Amex ES and Iberia Sendo.
I first applied for AMEX and then for Iberia Sendo. Beware that Iberia Sendo doesn't have English-speaking Customer Support and all communications with them should be in Spanish. Let me know how it will go!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB+, BAEC
The only thing that's said so far is:

Además podrá utilizar los Avios para conseguir su próximo vuelo con un descuento de hasta el 50% en Avios a partir del 24 de de octubre.
In the past it's just been a straight 50% on all IB/I2/YW operated flights in all classes.

I used it for MAD-JFK for J on one way and Y on the return for under 30k avios last year.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
The only thing that's said so far is:

In the past it's just been a straight 50% on all IB/I2/YW operated flights in all classes.

I used it for MAD-JFK for J on one way and Y on the return for under 30k avios last year.
Oh wow! Thanks a lot! How funny! That's exactly the flight I am thinking of taking! Is it comfortable in Y? Which way would you recommend J? Outbound (day flight) or return (night flight)?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:14 am

Hi nextu, yes of course it's perfectly possible to combine sign-up bonuses because Amex ES and Iberia Sendo are two completely different companies. So just to make sure we are talking about the same thing here, I paste links to the cards: Amex ES and Iberia Sendo.
I first applied for AMEX and then for Iberia Sendo. Beware that Iberia Sendo doesn't have English-speaking Customer Support and all communications with them should be in Spanish. Let me know how it will go!
Yes, those are the cards I were referring to, thank you.^
The spanish-speaking CS won't be a problem for me, since it is my mother language.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Oh wow! Thanks a lot! How funny! That's exactly the flight I am thinking of taking! Is it comfortable in Y? Which way would you recommend J? Outbound (day flight) or return (night flight)?
I'd recommend both in J if possible. I didn't have flexibility on my dates but the new Y cabin is pretty good (as far as Y goes). If you have to choose one, I'd do the night flight in J just so you can get some real sleep.

That said, the lounge at MAD is better than GC at JFK if that will tip your decision. But having fast track security at T7 is a much bigger advantage than MAD.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:25 am

Thumbs up NY trip on avios

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I'd recommend both in J if possible. I didn't have flexibility on my dates but the new Y cabin is pretty good (as far as Y goes). If you have to choose one, I'd do the night flight in J just so you can get some real sleep.

That said, the lounge at MAD is better than GC at JFK if that will tip your decision. But having fast track security at T7 is a much bigger advantage than MAD.
Hey LupineChemist, thanks a lot for the tip! I was at Barajas last week and absolutely loved the place. For me the flight is more important than the lounge. So I'd go for J on the way back (also to have a proper sleep). But hopefully I'll have enough avios for a return in J.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:02 am
Original Poster

So the discount is here. 50% for Oro and 25% for clásico.

Only valid for the low season dates this time up to 31 March which is a blow but also makes the redemptions you can book with the discount an even more amazing value.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Already booked PVG-MAD RT in J for less than 60k miles! Great offer
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:10 am

Exclamation How to access the offer?

Hey LupineChemist, thanks a lot for the tip! I was at Barajas last week and absolutely loved the place. For me the flight is more important than the lounge. So I'd go for J on the way back (also to have a proper sleep). But hopefully I'll have enough avios for a return in J.
Hey LupineChemist, thanks for great news! But... how to access the offer? I can't see any signs of it on IberiaCards.ES website... Please, help!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Huh...it was there this morning.

IIRC, you just book as normal, though and it has your card status registered. Just do a dummy booking to see how the avios work out.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:35 am

Seems like Iberia avios booking system is down: gives an error. I'll give it a few hours.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:31 am

It works! I can see reduced avios prices when trying to book a redemption via Iberia.com portal. Thanks a lot for the pointer, LupineChemist!
Now the decision time!...
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:49 am

Hey LupineChemist, sorry for bombarding you with messages today, but is there a cut-off date for redemption sale? Does it say anything about it in the email?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Hey LupineChemist, sorry for bombarding you with messages today, but is there a cut-off date for redemption sale? Does it say anything about it in the email?
No worries, it's until Sunday, I didn't get the email yet, just saw the promotion on the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.