Wiki Posts
Search

Involuntary flight change

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,UA, BA, DAL, FB
Involuntary flight change

Iberia added a few flights between Chicago and Madrid to fly people back from a medical conference. We booked on a 1640 flight - which was still operating. They moved us to a 1520 flight so others could have our seats. We were connecting in Madrid. It was not our final destination. We had an extra 1:20 in the lounge - a waste of our time. I complained to Iberia and they said sorry. We gave you more than 2 weeks notice. Case closed.
Can they move us to another flight solely for their convenience? There was no aircraft change and our flight still operated. Should we have been compensated?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Did they tell you it was so that others can have your seats?

There might have been an aircraft change from 346 to 343, or 343 to 342, for example.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:15 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by aviator33
Iberia added a few flights between Chicago and Madrid to fly people back from a medical conference. We booked on a 1640 flight - which was still operating. They moved us to a 1520 flight so others could have our seats. We were connecting in Madrid. It was not our final destination. We had an extra 1:20 in the lounge - a waste of our time. I complained to Iberia and they said sorry. We gave you more than 2 weeks notice. Case closed.
Can they move us to another flight solely for their convenience? There was no aircraft change and our flight still operated. Should we have been compensated?
Well, you weren't delayed to your destination and departed within an hour and a half, so yeah...no claim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.