Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

WARNING: Changes to interlining bags with Oneworld

Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG

I know it's only been a few days, but anyone know if IB are the same as BA? I have an IB flight from JFK - MAD in Aug, then connecting MAD - LHR. I booked based on MCT and interlining bags. This is a very customer unfriendly change.

AA are not adopting this and will continue to interline bags, from what I have read.

http://www.britishairways.com/assets...h-check-in.pdf
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Heck, even when it was Oneworld policy it was sometimes hard to convince IB staff to check bags through properly. No personal experience with the "new" rules though.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver / SQ Sol PPS / KE & EK Nobody!
I'll definitely know by the 16th of July. Flying SYD-LHR-MAD-BOS and on two PNR's BA-IB. Such a nuisance. The change has warranted 20 pages worth of discussion on the BAEC forum. It does entail some experience of interlining between certain airlines within the alliance, for your reference.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I've only ever gotten connections within the US, so I don't bother trying to get the tag right at MAD since I have to pick it up anyway.

Though I know getting AA to interline TO Iberia on a separate ticket can be like pulling teeth.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
My flight is MIA - JFK on AA with a <12hr stop over in JFK, then on to MAD on IB but AA codeshare. This is one PNR. MAD - LHR is BA on second PNR. Am hoping the check in agent at MIA will interline all the way to LHR, as per my original plan. Will see how this pans out...
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
They should since IB isn't really relevant at all. It's an AA itinerary being through checked to a BA itinerary.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 11:06 pm

Does anyone know If Iberia now refuse to interline bags to other one world alliance airlines?

I have a MAD-LHR flight on IB then a LHR-DOH flight on QR, separate PNRs. Will I be able to check my bags all the way through?

Thanks
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Herostratus
Does anyone know If Iberia now refuse to interline bags to other one world alliance airlines?

I have a MAD-LHR flight on IB then a LHR-DOH flight on QR, separate PNRs. Will I be able to check my bags all the way through?

Thanks
You shouldn't count on it. Neither should you expect protection for a misconnect. Hopefully because of both issues you have left lots of time in between flights, particularly since QR is at T4.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
You shouldn't count on it. Neither should you expect protection for a misconnect. Hopefully because of both issues you have left lots of time in between flights, particularly since QR is at T4.
We have a four hour layover so it shouldn't be an issue, however it would be nice if we could check our bags all the way through
Old Dec 11, 2016, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Does anyone know what is the situation with interlining IB-IB on separate PNRs?
Old Dec 11, 2016, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
I believe IB-IB is OK, but IB-other airline, including VY is not.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501
I believe IB-IB is OK, but IB-other airline, including VY is not.
Thanks; I hope you're right.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Does anyone know what is the situation with interlining IB-IB on separate PNRs?
The situation is you can't really know for sure until you ask.

If you are travelling with different tickets, the corresponding allowance for each one will apply. is what the IB website says, but that sounds like jibberish to me. Either you accept the most restrictive allowance for the whole itinerary (i.e. one flight Y, the other J on separate tickets so you can check the Y equivalent the whole way) or essentially IB are saying you need to re-check each time.

http://www.iberia.com/es/luggage/allowance-in-hold/
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:37 pm

I have enough time between the two segments so even if they don't agree to interline it will be okay. I'll try and report back in due course; thanks.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:47 am

I was refused a few weeks back IB/IB two PNR's but I expected that and just rechecked in MAD.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.