Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Can't search AA awards on IB site anymore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily

If I search MAD-BCN, I get results

If I search CHI-PHL, no results anymore.

If I search CHI-NYC, no results anymore

If I search DTT-PHL, no results anymore.

Previously had results

I think IB is blocking searches of AA partner flights in US if not blocking the tickets altogether...

I haven't called in though
Old Mar 17, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
I've tried a few times recently. Assumed it was my problem. Tried again today on an AA round trip itinerary that has saver awards available.

Same response: "We regret to inform you that there are no connecting flights between the cities selected."
Old Mar 18, 2016, 2:05 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
IB only allows round trip itineraries, so that's a start. Otherwise, yeah the engine for finding connecting flights is really bad. You really need to search on BA and then call in.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I really need to start doing some analysis. Many of us long-time Iberia Plus members would never dream of booking anything other than Iberia (and sometimes Vueling) awards through IB+, mostly because of the non-refundable issue.

But it seems that lots of Americans think it costs fewer Avios to book certain Oneworld awards via IB+.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:49 pm

It is possible to book one-way AA rewards with IB+, but normally they don't show up. And if the itinerary has stops it can be much cheaper than with BAEC, especially now that the Band 1 redemption cost has gone up.

Take a look at this post of mine from when the increase was announced, showing an example itinerary that was cheaper with IB+: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25629147-post119.html
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:31 pm

My aa flight won't show up even though it shows up on aa and ba sites. When I called, the agent told me that Iberia can't book flights wholly within the USA. Makes no sense. Anyone with any ideas around this?

Thanks
Old Mar 28, 2016, 1:23 am

Having this same issue. Flights show as available on BA and other sites, but cannot be booked on Iberia. Keep getting the error message "We regret to inform you that there are no connecting flights between the cities selected." I know calling the center is the obvious solution, but IB's call center is notoriously terrible, especially for non-Spanish speakers
Old Apr 6, 2016, 6:59 pm

Having the same issue, can't get it to show flights that show BA/AA MileSAAver availability. Pretty frustrating - was hoping to save some Avios on domestic shorthaul flights post-BA devaluation. Let's hope they fix soon!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone booked those over the phone?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: All the programs!
I've been having this issue as well. Their online engine worked early this year to search for AA flights but no longer. What's up with this.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Anyone have luck via phone? Hoping to book ITH-PHL-LGA flight with IB+, as BAEC charges for each leg individually...

Also, does IB+ charge any close-in booking fees for AA redemptions?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:35 pm

I'm now able to find (roundtrip) AA flights on IB that show MileSAAver on AA.com. Taxes/fees for a roundtrip within the next week was $29 and change.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:20 am

What city pair? It still doesn't work for me for NYC-DTW, NYC-CLE, NYC-CLT. I was able to find NYC-YUL though, maybe because it's not completely USA domestic.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:54 am

The city pair was Washington (WAS) and Norfolk (ORF), but now it's not working again! ("We regret to inform you that there are no connecting flights between the cities selected.")

EDIT: Washington and Allentown-Bethlehem (ABE) is showing results.
Old May 1, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
There is also a phantom availability issue, when some flights are showing up on IB but not on BA platform (especially true for CX flights)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.