Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Express new slimline seats and in seat USB/Socket Reviewed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:15 am
Original Poster

I flew DUB-MAD in J on I2 yesterday. I got one of the only 4 aircraft so far refurbed with the new product. I have to say I was impressed with the comfort and extra legroom in these new seats. Also the USB/Power sockets were great. I love the wifi entertainment system too with lots of content such as moving map, music,concerts, Bloomberg and BBC documentaries.

I took some pics which might come in useful etc... I flew EC - LVQ

Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Good pictures. I also flew one of these a couple of weeks ago, though failed to take the opportunity to try the wifi entertainment or the power socket. Agree the seats and cabin were comfortable though.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Thanks for posting. I wonder how is the seat pitch further down the aisle?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 12:11 pm

I read about this earlier today in Ronda. What it doesn't say is in what way the business class seats are different (other than the black headrest cloth)... can you elaborate DELLAS?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I had the misfortune to take 2 IB Express flights yesterday, including a LGW-MAD sector with an hour delay on the tarmac. These were 2 of the 15 as-yet-unrefurbished A320s and I can safely say that it has been a very long time since I experienced a Y seat quite this bad, the seat pitch was sensationally tight. Not sure what it was exactly, but surely less than 30" and subsequently it was one of the least comfortable flights I have ever had. And the bloody music....

In its defence LGW-SVQ return (via MAD) was only Ł120, but I am looking forward to the E190 BA-operated MAD-LCY sector more than you can possibly imagine.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
I have to say I was impressed with the comfort and extra legroom in these new seats.

Comfort? you've got to be kidding!?

If at least it had been the same new seats BA has installed, but
they probably cost too much.
There's one single reason these seats were choosen, they're cheap.
(SL3510 I believe, Lufthansa uses 3530 http://en.recaro-as.com/products/economy-class.html )

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Feb 15, 2016 at 12:57 pm
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:20 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=Hannibal Lecter;26189419]Comfort? you've got to be kidding!?

If at least it had been the same new seats BA has installed, but
they probably cost too much.
There's one single reason these seats were choosen, they're cheap.
(SL3510 I believe, Lufthansa uses 3530 http://en.recaro-as.com/products/economy-class.html )

Certainly were not made of wood. Maybe you need a bit more padding on your Aris
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swiss_global
Thanks for posting. I wonder how is the seat pitch further down the aisle?
Seemed the same all the way down which is good news.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I read about this earlier today in Ronda. What it doesn't say is in what way the business class seats are different (other than the black headrest cloth)... can you elaborate DELLAS?
That's about it Not sure what they will do if they need 3 rows

Someone was asking somewhere about the old row 2 . I took a pic on my flight the next day which was on the old A/C and certainly noticed less comfort compared to the previous day.

Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I had a retrofit aircraft today, EC-LUS. Only a short flight SVQ-MAD, but noticeably better, much more comfortable. My knees were not jammed in against the row in front. I think the 5cm improvement stated in the mag is probably accurate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.