Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on Cancelling IB ticket

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Advice on Cancelling IB ticket

Writing for a friend here, who camw to me with the following query. He booked a long-haul flight on IB, and work has now necessitated cancelling the trip. It was in the "Reduced" Economy class, which technically is no refunds. Is it possible, as it would be with many other carriers, to pay the change fee and get the remainder of the ticket price on a voucher for use on a future flight?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Was the ticket booked on iberia.com? I've surprisingly found the website to be quite flexible. I was given the option of paying the change fee to turn a TXL-BCN on Vueling (IB codeshare) into a MAD-LHR or just about anything else I could imagine.

I don't really know whether IB allow vouchers, but it seems that they're set up to apply any fare amount, less change fee, to any other IB flight. The question is whether they force you to make that new booking when cancelling the old one.

If booked with a travel agent... they will be the only ones who can do anything...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.