Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

UK based flyer considering Iberia+ - advice needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK based flyer considering Iberia+ - advice needed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Yllanes
Business Class MAD-DOH (> 3000 mi) is 500 Elite Points each way, not 225, so it's pretty close between the two programs for this kind of flight. For flights between 2000 and 3000 miles, BAEC is better (IB's long-haul band thresholds are 1501, 3001 and 6001 mi, compared with 2001 and 6001 mi for BA).
Yeah, for some reason I was thinking that Qatar's European flights were +/- 2000 miles not 3000. Probably a brain freeze mix up with Royal Jordanian...

The OP should note that only Platinum status is valid for 2 years and that IB+ promos are open to everybody. (including those who just move Avios to/from BAEC) And since IB has only two classes of service, it's hard to think of any advantages to IB+ Gold if you're already booked on a J award.

But it's always worth being reminded that other programmes might have better routes to status. I'm too far down the path of Lifetime Gold with BAEC to switch now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.