Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
It would appear so.
I just bought another 2,000 package. Seems to have gone though fine.

I put these Avios in my own account while the December ones went to top up my GF's account.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
I confirm that one can buy avios in the current Groupon promotion even if you bought them a few months ago via similar promo. This is a fresh promo so all is starting from scratch. I just bought 2000 avios To be on a safe side, hehe Also it's the best value.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by dumba
I confirm that one can buy avios in the current Groupon promotion even if you bought them a few months ago via similar promo. This is a fresh promo so all is starting from scratch. I just bought 2000 avios To be on a safe side, hehe Also it's the best value.
Just bought my 2000 as well. They were posted on December 30th, I recall (three weeks).

Here we go again folks
Old Apr 14, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I just got 2000 as well. Too bad the IBPlus portal is giving way less and there's no Sendo promotion. The December one worked out to almost 2500 all said and done.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Just got posted TODAY the Avios purchased on december 23rt after 20 complaints to both Groupon and Iberia. Good deal if you got plenty of time and energy to waste! Maybe I'll bite again
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by heramato
Just got posted TODAY the Avios purchased on december 23rt after 20 complaints to both Groupon and Iberia. Good deal if you got plenty of time and energy to waste! Maybe I'll bite again
Today?! No offence but I find that hilarious. Four months, and on the day they restart the promo!
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by goldencondor
Today?! No offence but I find that hilarious. Four months, and on the day they restart the promo!
Not that funny for me
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by heramato
Not that funny for me
I can imagine!
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:47 am

Call me a masochist, but I made a purchase, this time I only purchased the 2000 Avios Groupon. I redeemed it the same day of purchase, I believe this will be the same fiasco as before. When I click on the coupon on the Groupon site, there is a message stating the coupon is ready to be redeemed, although I have gone through the redemption process.

I'm curious how they will handle things this time around.

By the way, how many of you received your bonus Avious from the LifeMilesPlus Store? I'm out a little over 12,000 points never credited to my account. The link to the LifeMilesPlus store on the Iberia site seems to be dead and no way to contact customer service for the store.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Agustinl71
Call me a masochist, but I made a purchase, this time I only purchased the 2000 Avios Groupon. I redeemed it the same day of purchase, I believe this will be the same fiasco as before. When I click on the coupon on the Groupon site, there is a message stating the coupon is ready to be redeemed, although I have gone through the redemption process.
I posted the below on another forum yesterday. Hopefully will solve the problem:

"Once you've made your purchase, here's how to claim the Avios. Unfortunately Groupon's clunky system for doing it is the same as it was in December. Some patience will be required!

Once you've made your purchase, it will show up in your Groupon purchases as 'processing'. Wait 5 or 10 minutes and check again (you should get an email to confirm that the Avios are ready).

The 'processing' message should have disappeared and a link should appear in its place. Click it and you will be taken to a new page to redeem the Avios.

On the left side there should be a blue button underneath a picture of an Iberia plane. Click the button and a pdf file will open in a new tab. At the top left there should be a security code and a coupon code. You will need these codes so make a note of them (ignore the 'ref' code).

Close the pdf file. Towards the bottom of the previous page, there's a set of instructions. In the first paragraph there should be a small link. Click it, and you'll be taken to a new page with some fields to fill in.

Add the security code, the coupon code, your email address, click the tick box, and hit the green 'validate coupon' button. The page will not change, but on the right hand side, your coupon details will appear.

This is where the main problem lies. I HAD TO DO THIS TEN TIMES TO GET IT TO WORK. Same as last December. But it will eventually work, just be patient!

When you can see your code details on the right, scroll down the page and click the blue 'continue' button (not the green one, which is to validate the coupon - you've already done it).

You will be taken to a new page and prompted to enter your Iberia Plus number. Again, it took me ten attempts to do this, but it will eventually accept it!

You should then get a confirmation message on the next page!"
Old Apr 15, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: Chicago Transit Authority: Kevlar
I posted the below on another forum yesterday. Hopefully will solve the problem:

"Once you've made your purchase, here's how to claim the Avios. Unfortunately Groupon's clunky system for doing it is the same as it was in December. Some patience will be required!

Once you've made your purchase, it will show up in your Groupon purchases as 'processing'. Wait 5 or 10 minutes and check again (you should get an email to confirm that the Avios are ready).

The 'processing' message should have disappeared and a link should appear in its place. Click it and you will be taken to a new page to redeem the Avios.

On the left side there should be a blue button underneath a picture of an Iberia plane. Click the button and a pdf file will open in a new tab. At the top left there should be a security code and a coupon code. You will need these codes so make a note of them (ignore the 'ref' code).

Close the pdf file. Towards the bottom of the previous page, there's a set of instructions. In the first paragraph there should be a small link. Click it, and you'll be taken to a new page with some fields to fill in.

Add the security code, the coupon code, your email address, click the tick box, and hit the green 'validate coupon' button. The page will not change, but on the right hand side, your coupon details will appear.

This is where the main problem lies. I HAD TO DO THIS TEN TIMES TO GET IT TO WORK. Same as last December. But it will eventually work, just be patient!

When you can see your code details on the right, scroll down the page and click the blue 'continue' button (not the green one, which is to validate the coupon - you've already done it).

You will be taken to a new page and prompted to enter your Iberia Plus number. Again, it took me ten attempts to do this, but it will eventually accept it!

Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:30 pm

Thanks for taking the time to write this. I did this when I purchased the coupon, it actually went through the first time I tried. The reason I am pessimistic, is that now when I view the coupon on the Groupn site, it just states that the coupon is ready to be redeemed, no status of redeemed (canjeado). I'll give it 30 days.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Agustinl71
Thanks for taking the time to write this. I did this when I purchased the coupon, it actually went through the first time I tried. The reason I am pessimistic, is that now when I view the coupon on the Groupn site, it just states that the coupon is ready to be redeemed, no status of redeemed (canjeado). I'll give it 30 days.
If your coupon was successfully redeemed, you should have received an email titled 'Groupon - Iberia' with the following text:

"Hola Grouponero,
Mira tu Tarjeta Iberia Plus en 30 dias laborable ya habrás recibido tus Avios.
Gracias!"

which translates to:

"Look at your Iberia Plus card in 30 working days and will have received your Avios. Thanks!"

If you haven't received this, then go through the process above again.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Do you have an up to date link? Or is the link further upthread still good?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
https://www.groupon.es/deals/ga-avios-group-espana

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.