Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by MrLynx
no, unfortunately not correct.
Sorry to hear that. Just one lot of 2k, or more?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by GTR56
This was my response from Iberia on Facebook today:

Hi *****,
It seems there is some kind of issue with this Avios requested through the Groupon promo. Our colleagues are reviewing internally, contacting with Groupon, to see what might be going on. Once they can provide us with an update regarding this matter, we will let you know. Sorry for the inconveniences caused. Regards.
That was the response to my inquiry on February 16 via messenger, prior to my post on their wall. Interestingly, they then responded to my inquiry which I posted on their wall with an almost identical response. They are essentially cutting and pasting responses.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by goldencondor
There was a limit of one 2k coupon per person.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by OnScholarship
Aussie_Flyer. Thanks for your site link, nice. It seems that GTR56 thinks he knows something: "Iberia seem to have acknowledged there is an issue and they are looking into it and will respond shortly". Perhaps Iberia Airline has acknowledged the existence of the "Iberia Store." Also, for our additional enjoyment, my wife did the same order as I did and has now started the PayPal dispute process, and she just got an email from Groupon.es asking her to release her PayPal dispute. More to come.
I filed a dispute as well and Groupon has not replied. I just want to be done with this and receive a refund, there are other airlines out there that will be happy to take my money in exchange for their points or a seat on one of their airplanes.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:32 pm

Multiple.

Originally Posted by Agustinl71
There was a limit of one 2k coupon per person.
Yes, there was a limit, but at least until christmas this limit was not enforced.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by MrLynx
Multiple.

Yes, there was a limit, but at least until christmas this limit was not enforced.
It may be that it is people buying in excess of this limit that has caused the delay in posting legitimate transactions.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Notsofreq
It may be that it is people buying in excess of this limit that has caused the delay in posting legitimate transactions.
Ha, I expected that response in one way or another. Foolish response.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
I had this response:

iN REPLY TO YOUR REQUEST, WE INFORM YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO CONTACT TO GROUPON. THANK YOU.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by umbyboy
I had this response:

iN REPLY TO YOUR REQUEST, WE INFORM YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO CONTACT TO GROUPON. THANK YOU.
Definite lack of communication between Iberia and Groupon, I think.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Definite lack of communication between Iberia and Groupon, I think.
All these rubbish responses are why everyone should commence the PayPal dispute process. If the points post then fine... cancel that process. They need to know that they cant just steal my money and not provide the promised product.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
All these rubbish responses are why everyone should commence the PayPal dispute process. If the points post then fine... cancel that process. They need to know that they cant just steal my money and not provide the promised product.
Agreed with this. Right now there is no incentive for either business to resolve the issue because it is not affecting them where they care about, in their pocketbook.

On an interesting note, I received an email today from Groupon. It's the same BS, please wait we are looking into it yadah yadah yadah. It closes with the Groupon agent stating to wait an additional 5 business days for an update.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
So who the hell am I supposed to be contacting about this? Bought my vouchers (and redeemed them) back in mid-December and I still don't see any Avios in my account.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:24 pm

I want to say that Groupon es is totally ridiculous. First of all, I bought 22,000 Avios (4000*5 and 2000*1 Avios) in early January in total. Also, I have successfully redeemed those tickets with the confirmation email sent by Groupon. However, 2 weeks after the redemption, my Groupon account was somehow disabled so I could not get access and look into the details of my Groupon account. Another strange thing I have discovered is that the money I used to buy those tickets on Groupon was refunded to my credit card account. And of course, I have never received any Avios points in my Iberia account since then.

I think the action the Groupon took was really confusing since I did not receive any notifications which may have a chance to tell me that the purchase was somehow a mistake or unsuccessful. Furthermore, I think what Groupon has done was completely irresponsible. The way I buy those tickets was totally valid and legal while the Groupon disabled my account without explaining the reason to their customer.

I filed a complaint through email to the Groupon es and the following is their reply:
================================================== ======================

Gracias por comunicarse con Groupon España.

De ante mano le pido disculpas por la incidencia.

Te informamos que después de las anomalías encontradas en nuestro sistema, la cuenta se ha bloqueado y la transacción se ha devuelto en la cuenta corriente relacionada con la tarjeta de crédito utilizada durante la compra. Es por ello que no te deja ingresar a la cuenta y ahora observas la devolución de estos cupones (coupon no. masked)

Te invitamos a contactar con tu banco para conocer los tiempos de reembolso.

Te deseamos un buen día.

Si tienes cualquier otra duda, consulta nuestras preguntas
frecuentes: https://www.groupon.es/preguntas_frecuentes

Un saludo.

Tu equipo Groupon
Servicio de Atención al Cliente
www.groupon.es
================================================== ============================
Should I just forget it since all the money has refunded by Groupon?

Last edited by davidtai; Jan 21, 2016 at 10:26 pm Reason: additional info
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by davidtai
Should I just forget it since all the money has refunded by Groupon?
Yes
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:39 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by GTR56
Groupon has had the chance to respond and has copied and pasted the same reply to each person that has contacted them.

Iberia seem to have acknowledged there is an issue and they are looking into it and will respond shortly.
I did not get the same canned response in regard to the question. (see earlier post N°155). Mine said they were looking into the incident and would come back to me in 5 working days max. So it seems they do acknowledge there is some kind of problem on their side.

I'm curious if I will get another reply within those 5 working days... let's hope so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.