Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Finding fare bucket and question about bidding for UGs

Old Nov 21, 2015, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards

My parents in their ineffable wisdom are off to South America and intend to return via Bogata, flying Iberia before connecting back to London.

I thought I would try and upgrade them using Avios, but how do I find the actual fare bucket it just says "Lowest Fare". I assume this means no Avios upgrades?

In which case the bidding for an upgrade, when do they let you know if you have won? And can I add my card to their booking to make the payment?
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Worcester
My parents in their ineffable wisdom are off to South America and intend to return via Bogata, flying Iberia before connecting back to London.

I thought I would try and upgrade them using Avios, but how do I find the actual fare bucket it just says "Lowest Fare". I assume this means no Avios upgrades?

In which case the bidding for an upgrade, when do they let you know if you have won? And can I add my card to their booking to make the payment?
I'm sure there must be a trick to find out the fare bucket on iberia.com, but you can also check Matrix - if the fare is the same then you know the fare bucket will be the same.

Upgrades can only be done from Y, B, H which are usually the "Flexible" fares offered on iberia.com. It generally is more sensible just to book the J award directly if you have the Avios.

I haven't tried the bidding for upgrade (I'd never risk flying Y on Iberia, especially on a revenue ticket) but I'm sure there's a thread on Flyertalk somewhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.