Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia customer service doesnt exist

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Iberia customer service doesnt exist

I write because multiple emails have not been responded to . I filled out their web site contact form with no response. I traveld Iberia years ago, they sent my luggage to Russia instead of Spain, when I tried to collect money owed to me for a weeks delay and me having to buy clothes since I didnt have any Iberia never responded and ignored me and did nothing. multiple calls to agents, writing, faxing in information they requested and ignored. That is the way they do business and do not take responsibility. I now tried to reach Iberia again. Iberia again provided substandard service.
I gave them a second chance and the worst travel experience ever this time! I couldn't get correct information for flights, and needed assistance of federal aviation bureau in USA to get information. At last minute was able to obtain flight information, that is day before outbound flight.
Iberia was notified of food allergies to tomato, potatoe, eggplant and cows milk. you served me chicken with tomato sauce with a side of potatoes, the foods i was allergic to and gave me a diabetic meal. i am not diabetic. I notified airlines to change return flight food, was then served with every thing i am allergic to again. iberia flight stewardess stated' your just not going to have any food" had to get supervisor to assist w 1st meal. second meal same stewardess came back and told me same thing, "you aren't going to eat", so I requested supervisor who could provide something to eat but there was very little although she tried. The stewardess who kept telling me you are not going to have anything to eat kept bothering me and telling me how I wasnt going to get food and I asked her to stop speaking to me but she went right on talking saying the same awful things.
the seats were so small that sardines packed in a can had more space. i am a small person, my butt barely fit on the seat, my knees hit the seat in front of me. I requested 2 unoccupied seats so i could sleep the stewardess said she would check but never did. I found 2 seats asked another flight attendant if i could sit there he said yes. the old man sitting next to seats refused to remove his wine bottle so the flight attendant let him have the additional 2 seats for his wine bottle. He told the man they wernt his seats and when he refused to move his wine bottle the flight attendant said there is nothing I can do he wants the seats.??
after having to walk around to alleviate the sheer pain from sitting in jammed quarters I went to back of plane. A female flight attendant had her legs spread out forward, causing everyone trying to get into bathroom to walk over her, even an elderly woman who was struggling to walk over her. the flight attendant watched the elderly woman struggle to climb over her and didnt even move her legs. it took me hours to recuperate from the experience and alleviate the pain from sitting in the seat.
I booked through British Airlines however none of the airlines involved work with each other. british airlines who has acquired iberia airlines was responsible for tickets but refused to assist.I called all the airlines who told me to call the other airlines. Because it is an alliance every airline blammed the other and did nothing.
pathetic experience with no excuse for the unprofessional customer service. you should be ashamed !!!
I am still attempting to contact Iberia with no response.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:48 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Was your email structured like your post here?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:57 am

It's difficult to follow your post with that layout. If you want constructive criticisms or suggestions, rather than just venting, it would be useful if you could single out the specific grievances you have and explain them more clearly.

There are some embellishments in your post that really play against you. Things like «the seats were so small that sardines packed in a can had more space». In fact, they are perfectly normal economy seats and certainly better and wider than many (some dreadful B787 economy cabins come to mind). Or your asking to occupy two seats. The reality is that long-haul economy is considered by many people (not me) to be a miserable experience, but the narrowness of the seats (or the fact that normally you only get one) are not particular to your flight (or even to this airline), so these details don't help us understand what the real problem was.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - IB is not likely to respond to your complaint if it looks anything like your post here. If it does, it will be at best a perfunctory "sorry we did not meet your expectations" generated by a machine.

If you want to get a response, file a complaint about something which is clear and concise and deserves a response. Forget about: 1. Your bad luggage experience years ago; 2. The economy seats; 3. Being denied a second seat for free.

How did you notify IB of your food allergies and what specific arrangements did you make for an appropriate meal? Until you have specific arrangements in place, you have nothing to complain about when the arrangements you want do not come to pass. If you have multiple allergies, it may be that you need to bring suitable food with you for the flight.

Cut this down to 2-3 short and concise sentences and maybe you will hear something.

Clearly you are not an IB fan, so I would suggest flying a different carrier.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by latokioka
I traveld Iberia years ago, they sent my luggage to Russia instead of Spain, when I tried to collect money owed to me for a weeks delay and me having to buy clothes since I didnt have any Iberia never responded and ignored me and did nothing.
That's not good. Did you try taking legal action after waiting a decent amount of time? That would probably have been the best thing to do if they never responded to you at all.

I gave them a second chance and the worst travel experience ever this time! I couldn't get correct information for flights, and needed assistance of federal aviation bureau in USA to get information. At last minute was able to obtain flight information, that is day before outbound flight.
What kind of flight info were you looking for?

Iberia was notified of food allergies to tomato, potatoe, eggplant and cows milk. you served me chicken with tomato sauce with a side of potatoes, the foods i was allergic to and gave me a diabetic meal. i am not diabetic.
I'm sorry to hear of your allergies and intolerances. These are very specific and, to my knowledge, it isn't possible to request a special meal that excludes all those things, on any airline, except maybe a fruit plate. Information on IB special meals can be found at http://www.iberia.com/web/obsmenu.do?menuId=MENBOR - in your situation you may need to consider bringing food with you in case an airline isn't able to guarantee food free from your allergens - which they usually aren't.

the seats were so small that sardines packed in a can had more space. i am a small person, my butt barely fit on the seat, my knees hit the seat in front of me.
Awkwardly, that's standard economy class on most airlines.

I am still attempting to contact Iberia with no response.
I'm afraid there isn't much to respond to. Your previous baggage claim is probably a valid complaint, and if you still have documentation such as receipts, etc., from then, you might be able to bring a case against IB.

Your other items, added together, are unpleasant and disappointing - but sadly there's little, if anything, IB could have done differently. I'd suggest just letting this saga go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.