Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia points when flying Finnair before September 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia points when flying Finnair before September 2015

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB+ Gold, IHG Platinum
Question Iberia points when flying Finnair before September 2015

Hello,

on August this year I flought LLA-HEL-BCN with Finnair (first leg operated by Flybe) with booking class Z, and I didn't get any Avios at all. I can see in the Iberia Plus website that after September 2015 the booking class Z should give me 0.25 avios per mile, but Iberia customer service says that before September this booking class didn't give any avios. Is there any place where I can confirm that? I've been looking everywhere with Google but I didn't have any luck this far, I hope somebody in Flyertalk might know something!

Thanks!!
thyra6
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Flybe wouldn't earn miles anyhow. In the Spanish version of my blog I did a chart of partner earning and indeed Z class with Finnair did not - as of July 2015 - not earn any Avios.

http://flyingpiggie.com/sp/2015/07/c...en-mis-vuelos/

I didn't realise that IB+ had altered booking code eligibility, so cheers for the heads up there...
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB+ Gold, IHG Platinum
The weird thing is that I received Avios for the Flybe segments 3 out of 4 times that I flew with them, and the number of Avios was bigger than the 100% of the miles flown, even though it was Economy Discount, so I guess I shouldn't complain .

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
LLA-HEL flights are operated on wet-lease basis so they should earn points like normal Finnair flights. Flybe Finland (actually NORRA as they changed their name ~6-12 months ago) is oneworld affiliate airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.