Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Express seat assignment issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Iberia Express seat assignment issues

Some help here from the experts in the know would be really greatly appreciated.

My issue/problem is seat assignment on Iberia express: Basically I am flying on IB (mainline) in C with a connection in MAD to an Iberia Express domestic flight (also in C).
Now seat assignment for my IB mainline flights works fine through the IB webpage, just when I try to also select my seat for the Iberia Express connecting flight leg all seats are blocked out as not available - which would be rather strange for a flight that shows C availability of 5 across all C booking classes (J, C, D, R, I) in Expertflyer. And also checking on Expertflyer I can see that all of the seats are actually still unassigned…

In the end I managed to get a seat assignment through the QF webpage (of all places…) where I cannot select my preferred seat as such but at least state a preference (window/aisle) and then it actually comes back with a seat assignment. Double checking on the IB webpage, that seat assigned through the QF webpage now suddenly pops up in my booking on the IB webpage and that same seats is now also shown as occupied on Expertflyer.

So why can I not just select the seat as normally when flying IB C class through the webpage?. I think I remember that there was no problem with this just a couple of months back when I was on a similar itinerary.

Oh, and yes –I also tried through the Iberia Express webpage as an alternative - as this would seem the most natural option since the regular IB webpage failed me, but for reasons I cannot quite fathom it just does not recognize my IB PNR - so I cannot even access the booking through the I2 webpage.

So my questions:
- Is there any way to select my seats just as normally through the IB webpage for the I2 leg of my journey (in C class)?

- How can I make the Iberia Express webpage recogise my IB PNR? Does I2 really use a PNR that is different from IB? As said even the QF webpage recognized the IB PNR without any issues

- What am I missing here? Or is this just a strange bug on the IB webpage?

Thank you very much for any input
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:12 pm

I have had a few issues in the past on a mixed IB/I2 itinerary. I ended up doing it on BA.COM which put me through to the I2 website where I was able to select my seat and even got a 0 value receipt for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.