Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Old Aug 22, 2015, 6:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

I spent the last week hopping across Europe on Iberia. Flights were great with attentive service. Each meal service was presented with drinks from the bar and bread rolls fresh from the oven with top ups of both, followed by tea or coffee. I also managed to take some photographs of the each flight’s offering. Class of travel was Business Class with VGML preselected throughout.

BA0516 LHR-MAD (operated by Iberia)

IB3129 FRA-MAD

Like the previous VGML dish, this one was devoid of any taste and completely unappetising. It was collected in the condition photographed above

IB3102 MAD-LIS

With Groundhog Day firmly settling in I joked to the crew, “Would be mind removing this tray and disposing of its contents as humanely as possible please”. This elicited an offer of a replacement standard meal, which was pretty decent

Goats cheese from Garrotxa, Mediterranean salad, and a cake.

IB3111 LIS-MAD

Returned to sender

IB3166 MAD-LHR

Pumpkin-filled pasta in a ripened cheese sauce and rocket salad with olive oil. Goats cheese from Garrotxa, and Mediterranean salad. Perfect! This was a substituted from the standard meals loaded. My original VGML meal was… Yes! you guessed it.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 8:43 am

We don't really have the hang of vegetarian meals in Spain.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.

I agree, the J class meals EDI-MAD-DUB were really good.

The salad of rocket, blue cheese, cranberries and maple syrup was outstanding!
Old Aug 22, 2015, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Clearly, VGML is the wrong way to go in most Mediterranean countries! We all do fab vegetables but seem to assume that a vegetarian passenger is a flying rabbit who should be punished with the least exciting sort of dull leaves and rice -- quite possibly cooked in lard or flavoured with chicken stock I guess!! (just kidding).

That said, great thread, and IB J has very good food so hope we make this thread as lively as the BA one. DELLAS posted nice meal photos from his IB express flights and maybe the photos could be linked here? (I'm just not sure how to link photos nor whether I should link photos from another poster in the first place!! )
Old Aug 23, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
it's just a bit of a downer that on a 3 hours SH you are not even able to pay for a decent meal on IB down in the back. actually, it's a huge downer. ok, BA is probably no better (besides the free alcohol offering), but i have not been in the back there for a while.

I have a trip to MAD and LIS on IB comming up next week and hope my bid for C makes it.
the outbound to MAD is a codeshare operated by HG, so at least i was able to grab 1A and to prepay for a quite acceptable breakfast prepared by DEMEL - so this generaly is a better experience than BA C.
that said, the IB offering on board seems pretty lousy but at least i got the exit row seats for free.

oh well, if don't make it to C i will just indulge myself with enough wine the Sala Dal, solid food is overrated anyways

anyway, if i come across some food during the flight i will get some pictures.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:23 am

Great idea I was wondering if to start a thread like this here having done so on the A3 and EI forums. Really glad someone started and I will post mine here too. ^
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:27 am

Iberia Express DUB-MAD J Class June 2015

Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:41 am

Iberia Express MAD-ACE J Class June 2015

This was one of the nicest meals on a EU flight for a while. Really decent offering from IBX.

Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
as promissed:

IB 3122 MAD-VIE in J

20150830_162809 by Florian, on Flickr

It was kinda ok, but i must admit, i have seen better food on a plane.
Having OW Status - with fasttrack, pre-boarding, free exit row seat selection and lounge access - it seems iberia J is not actually worth the money imho.

that said, i really liked the MAD-lounge (however, the blue lounge in LIS was dreadful) and it all seemed to be very, very well organized. pretty good experience as long as you are in row 1 or exit row.

Last edited by flolee; Sep 6, 2015 at 6:26 am
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
A photo from a few months back now, this was an Iberia Express flight. It was visible that the crew were quite inexperienced, but they did well. The meal was described as 'hamburger'.

I2 3791 DUB-MAD Business Class 14.08.15

Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: US,HH
No photo, but was served pork knuckle on MAD-JFK and it was wonderful.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:56 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
IB 6274 ORD-MAD 1650-0750 (+1)

Pre-Departure beverage of OJ or water

Drinks with mixed nuts or olives

Went with the veal, fairly tasteless sadly

Really weak breakfast
Madbru likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:58 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
IB 3474 MAD-ZRH 1545-1805

The foie gras stuffed chicken was really good, better than the entree on the ORD-MAD flight by far

Christmas cookies handed out right before landing
Old Jan 20, 2016, 3:04 am

MAD-ARN IB3685 11:05 - 14:55 yes almost 4 hours !

Business Class

Brunch

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Jan 20, 2016 at 3:11 am
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
IB 3474 MAD-ZRH 1545-1805

Pretty decent for that sector ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.