Iberia tweeter

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Iberia tweeter

So I sent @Iberia_EN a tweeter message asking what lounge access would I have in CDG, I'll be flying IB3741 which is a Iberia Express flight and I'll be in J. The response was simple request, they want my DM I assumed it was my record locator but this is an AA award ticket. I told them this and they turfed me back to AA. I'm not too sure why it matters, again I asked what lounge access would I have at CDG and they came back with a URL for me to look at..

ALso asked if this flight has a meal served, was told No.. I can't see CDG-MAD which is a 2 hour flight that leaves at 735pm does not have a meal...
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
How shall I put this...

IB seems to have minimalist and obstructionist approach to customer service.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
How shall I put this...

IB seems to have minimalist and obstructionist approach to customer service.
I'm starting to see this...
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:44 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
You should have lounge access even if you were travelling in Y, with your OW status. Even with no status, you should have access using a J award tix.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
So I sent @Iberia_EN a tweeter message ... they want my DM I assumed it was my record locator
Just to be clear, as I have no way of knowing how experienced a Twitter user you are, is there any way they were asking you to follow them for a Direct Message (DM) - or were asking for your PNR by DM.
You can tweet at people without following them, but to Direct Message (DM) parties need to follow each other to avoid spamming.

but this is an AA award ticket. I told them this and they turfed me back to AA. I'm not too sure why it matters,
They probably wanted to check your entitlement.
You could probably get from AA the amadeus PNR which would work for them.

I'm guessing this was why they put you back to AA.

But, even if they had not asked for a PNR, or anything else, I wouldn't trust many airlines twitter replies on the subject of lounge access. Many of the dragons don't know the rules, let alone customer support.

Last edited by David-A; Jul 29, 2015 at 2:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.