Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advanced OLCI (New Feature)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:09 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Advanced OLCI (New Feature)

I searched in the forum and did not find anything about it.

I just booked ORY-MAD-ORY for september and my booking management I was able to do OLCI and obtain a boarding pass (Have never seen this before). However, seats were assigned randomly (despite being PLT in AA) and the system is trying to charge me between 10€ and 15€ to get a better seat. Any workaround to select seats after a boarding pass has been issued, or do I have to stick with the randomly assigned seats?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:10 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Originally Posted by B7e7US
I searched in the forum and did not find anything about it.

I just booked ORY-MAD-ORY for september and my booking management I was able to do OLCI and obtain a boarding pass (Have never seen this before). However, seats were assigned randomly (despite being PLT in AA) and the system is trying to charge me between 10€ and 15€ to get a better seat. Any workaround to select seats after a boarding pass has been issued, or do I have to stick with the randomly assigned seats?
Iberia offer free seat selection to their own IB+ Gold and above, but I'm not sure if they offer this benefit to other OW status holders. It's not a guarenteed OW benefit.

But it could also be an IT problem - the AA and IB systems do not integrate well.

Maybe someone with BA status could confirm if they are able to select seats?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Free seat selection does apply to OW Sapphires and Emeralds, as well as all passengers in the same PNR. It also applies to economy redemptions no matter tier.

Advanced OLCI is not newish. I've never bothered with OLCI well in advance because of schedule changes. If one has free seat selection as a result of tier level, it is advisable to choose the seat prior to OLCI. I am not sure if the system allows further changes once the boarding pass has been issued. Perhaps it requires a phone call.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:19 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Thank you for your responses. I was finally able to reach IB, as our seats are in the cheapest fare, we cannot change them, not even at the airport. Status was recognized by the system, as our BP indicate FAST TRACK and Priority.

As I mentioned before, I've never seen the feature of obtaining the Boarding Passes more than a month in advance, maybe because I always travel longhaul.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.