Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Express feedback in Business Class two sectors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Last week I had the pleasure to fly IBX again DUB-MAD and MAD-ACE. Both flights in Business Class and both flights were comfortable and great crews.

The meals were pretty decent and service was very personal and professional. Seats and seat pitch were fine. On the MAD-ACE flight we had the new ''Immfly' wifi entertainment with a large selection of free TV shows and moving maps etc.. I quite like the system and it was fast and easy to connect with smartphones/tablets etc...

A few pics for those interested.

Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

The lovely lounge at T4S. One of my favourites.

This was one of the nicest meals on a EU flight for a while. Really decent offering from IBX.

Old Jun 28, 2015, 3:28 pm

First meal appears to be almost the same that I was offered EDI-MAD, with the sole exception that I had Tortelloni rather than Ravioli (sauce was the same, as were salad and dessert). Then it was pasta again on the MAD-TFN leg, and exactly the same as on EDI-MAD.

Was this planned, or did something go wrong? In fact, due to technical issues, we ended up on a different plane than originally allocated.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:35 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Wait...how did you get into the non-Schengen part of T4S?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:52 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Must be for the return MAD-DUB, as Ireland is outside of the Schengen zone.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:53 am
Original Poster

I approached the passport control and explained that I wanted to use the lounge and would make my way back via the auto gates when it was time to get my flight MAD-ACE. He paused a minute then just handed me back my passport and boarding pass and let me through. It really depends on who you get.

I flew back Aer Lingus direct ACE-DUB.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Cerebrito
Must be for the return MAD-DUB, as Ireland is outside of the Schengen zone.
OP explained, but I thought CTA flights left from T4.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
very interesting info. Thank you for sharing the report DELLAS!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
This was very timely! With the new BA Short Haul Bonus Avios offer, I'm thinking of taking a DUB-MAD-DUB on IB Express in Business Class later this year.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
OP explained, but I thought CTA flights left from T4.
I see above that the explanation for access to T4S ha already been provided, but to answer the question about the CTA:

All BA flights leave from T4S (so LHR)

T4 has a small region at the end of the terminal which is separated by a passport control checkpoint, so if you fly with say IB but to somewhere that is outside Schengen such as London or Dublin then your flight could leave from T4 but the section beyond passport control.

Neither part of the airport, either T4 or T4S, is specifically for CTA flights. Depends on the airline.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by DELLAS
I approached the passport control and explained that I wanted to use the lounge and would make my way back via the auto gates when it was time to get my flight MAD-ACE. He paused a minute then just handed me back my passport and boarding pass and let me through. It really depends on who you get.

I flew back Aer Lingus direct ACE-DUB.
I read reports that it was more the lounge agent that sometimes refused entry rather than the passport control desk, if they saw that your flight was going from T4 rather than T4S, or vice versa. Maybe that too depends on who you get.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I see above that the explanation for access to T4S ha already been provided, but to answer the question about the CTA:

All BA flights leave from T4S (so LHR)

T4 has a small region at the end of the terminal which is separated by a passport control checkpoint, so if you fly with say IB but to somewhere that is outside Schengen such as London or Dublin then your flight could leave from T4 but the section beyond passport control.

Neither part of the airport, either T4 or T4S, is specifically for CTA flights. Depends on the airline.
While true, the non-Schengen part of T4 is de facto CTA only as it can only accept short haul aircraft and does not re-screen security. I suppose it might be used for Romania/Bulgaria/Croatia routes, but I thought those countries still required security clearance in Schengen. (and they will eventually become Schengen anyway)
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I read reports that it was more the lounge agent that sometimes refused entry rather than the passport control desk, if they saw that your flight was going from T4 rather than T4S, or vice versa. Maybe that too depends on who you get.
I do hope I get someone friendly tomorrow as I'm planning to overnight in the T4S lounge due to it being 24 hours ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.