Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Avios assigned, but Elite Points different

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

On Feb with Qatar Airways I flown the 3.276 miles DOH-BKK and Iberia Plus assigned correctly the 3.276 miles x 1,25 = 4.095 Avios, as per table valid at that time for ANY Business ticket of Other Airline of OneWorld.

Unfortunately they assigned me only 200 Elite Points, instead the 450 of the table, at that time, for the range 3.001-6.000 miles (I did not get the Silver Card).

4 times I contacted Iberia Plus and they still say the table in February was 200 Points for the STRANGE range 2.001-4000 miles flown, but on the blogs I see that for a flight 3.458 miles (LHR-JFK of other companies of OneWorld circuit) the Iberia Plus was granting 450 Elite Points as I "drag and drop" in February 2015.

From April 2015 now the Elite Points have been INCREASED to 500 per leg 3.001-6.000 miles flown (but this is the change I would prove).

I annex a link below showing an example, but if somebody can prove to have received by Iberia some 450 Points on a Business leg in the range 3.001-4.000 miles, please ...

http://flyingpiggie.com/ba-aa-ib-status/

Bye Marco
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately I can't find a screen shot on my current computer of the Elite Points chart I referenced in 2013 when doing that analysis. And I post almost all of my Oneworld flights to BAEC so won't have anything on my IB+ account.

I hope I didn't make a mistake but it's quite likely that the range at the time was the same as now - 3,001-6,000 miles - and earned 450 Elite Points in J. Unfortunately I just can't help you prove it...
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:43 am

I am afraid they are right. The 450 points were for codeshares or for TATL flights, other OW flights in the 2001-4000 mi range were only 200 Puntos Elite in J. This is one of the things that have actually improved with the recent changes to the program.

I have found the full table here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/223552415/...a-Avios#scribd
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:56 am

This is the relevant section of the old tables (the top table also applied for TATL flights with AA or BA):

Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Reply and thanks to Yllanes

So, if both tables shown were the ones valid on Feb 2015 it seems that QR flights, being not having also an IB code, that the 200 Points asisigned for the 3.276 miles flown are correct.

Thanks, because this is a clear explanation, I have drag and drop form the web site parts of that, but I was not able to find such evidence.

Bye Marco

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.