Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket for a lap baby

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Ticket for a lap baby

My wife and I used miles to book LAX-MAD-LAX in business class. We will be flying with our 8-month-old and we were told that we need to pay ~$1000 each way for him which is not payable in miles. Can we do that at the airport on the day of the flight?
Old May 8, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: IB Platino (OW Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite Plus), Priority Club Gold, Sol Melia Gold
Originally Posted by flyertalkrocks
My wife and I used miles to book LAX-MAD-LAX in business class. We will be flying with our 8-month-old and we were told that we need to pay ~$1000 each way for him which is not payable in miles. Can we do that at the airport on the day of the flight?
Maybe you can but I would not take the risk. IB charges 10% of the flex fare on the same class that the parent is travelling. You can pay with miles if you buy an extra seat for the baby.
Old May 8, 2015, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JuanRos
Maybe you can but I would not take the risk. IB charges 10% of the flex fare on the same class that the parent is travelling. You can pay with miles if you buy an extra seat for the baby.
Ah that's the first time I've read a real explanation for the cost, thank you. I doubt there are any more reward seats available on the flights but I will check.
Old May 8, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: IB Platino (OW Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite Plus), Priority Club Gold, Sol Melia Gold
Originally Posted by flyertalkrocks
Ah that's the first time I've read a real explanation for the cost, thank you. I doubt there are any more reward seats available on the flights but I will check.
If you're flying on IB metal you can phone them and see if they can open up an extra seat on miles (explain your case). The guy on the phone will probably call rev management and depending on the load you could be offered an extra seat at 1.5x-2.0x the usual miles.
Old May 12, 2015, 9:37 am
Original Poster

JuanRos, do you know if all babies need to pay the fee or just those over a certain age or weight?

BTW my wife just got off the phone with Iberia and they said the fee can be paid in the airport on the day of departure so that's good.
Old May 13, 2015, 1:52 am

All infants below 2yrs have to pay for a lap ticket.
Old May 13, 2015, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Got it, so it must be lap ticket under 2 years and real ticket over 2 years, thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.