Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus Blocked Account Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Plus Blocked Account Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
It's all very well until the point the e-mail should come. It doesn't.
They can send it instantly. I would call back and say you haven't received it and you would like to stay on the line to make sure there isn't some sort of technical fault.
Old May 12, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Fun follow-up: today, over a week I called initially, and after I had already received my temp PIN via email, I received another email from IB+ confirming my request for a temporary PIN and instructing me to download a PDF form, fill it out, and submit it with a copy of my passport.

I immediately went online, verified I can still log into my account and obtain Avios quotes (confirming my account is still unlocked), and summarily ignored the new email.

Sheesh.
Old May 12, 2015, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by akcae
Fun follow-up: today, over a week I called initially, and after I had already received my temp PIN via email, I received another email from IB+ confirming my request for a temporary PIN and instructing me to download a PDF form, fill it out, and submit it with a copy of my passport.

I immediately went online, verified I can still log into my account and obtain Avios quotes (confirming my account is still unlocked), and summarily ignored the new email.

Sheesh.
I got a call from Iberia Plus today (from a random mobile number) at which point she claimed that there was no information in front of her so she would call me again later (haven't heard anything more). All in all just strange.
Old May 22, 2015, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Travellair
Emails sent to IB service centres have to include the IB number in the subject line (only the 8 digits), otherwise delivery fails.

Hope it helps.

e-mail: [email protected] / [email protected]
Phone: (+34) 91 774 26 07
Fax: (+34) 91 374 27 07
Thanks a lot. Emailed both addresses and only got an auto reply from iberia.es
Looks like I will probably have to call.
Old May 23, 2015, 9:47 am

same for me, I emailed both addresses and got only an auto respond message.
This was 12 days ago, so yesterday I called and they send me a mail with a new temporary pin, which thereafter I changed it and now my Account work well and i can book flights.
So i suggest to call instead of waiting to receive a message by mail.
Old May 23, 2015, 3:27 pm

I called and was told to wait for the email :P
Old May 23, 2015, 3:47 pm

I was told the same, wait for the email which should arrive tomorrow?
I was waiting 3 days without receiving a mail, than I called and told them I will wait on the phone until they send me the e mail right now, which after 5 minutes wait time in the line finally i got it, and my account was working again.
Old May 23, 2015, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER
I was told the same, wait for the email which should arrive tomorrow?
I was waiting 3 days without receiving a mail, than I called and told them I will wait on the phone until they send me the e mail right now, which after 5 minutes wait time in the line finally i got it, and my account was working again.
Is the form they send the generic one linked on page 1? If so I might preempt them and send that in without receiving the email first.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:49 am

Dont send the form, speak with them and wait instantly for their e-mail with the new temporary pin ,and change it online and then everything should be fine.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I called them again - the guy says he cannot send the email with the new PIN, he forwards it to the "Iberia Plus managment team" and they'll do it. We'll see how this goes...

But the moral of the story - don't bother with IB+. They may offer better earnings for certain activities (like The Economist subs, Le Club Accorhotels transfers) than BA EC, the trouble fighting for those Avios are just not worth it. I am quite ready soon to give up all my 1500 Avios (luckily no more got stuck) currently on IB+
Old May 25, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: BA IHG
I sent the form and ID about 15 days ago. No reply.

Tried again today with the call centre number. Agent said he has to refer to management because he didn't know what was wrong with my account (but clearly he could see that something was wrong). Said he'd phone me back (do I believe that...!). Anyway, lets wait and see.

Last edited by cmcbugg; May 25, 2015 at 7:51 am
Old May 26, 2015, 7:44 am

AVIOS Giveaway!!

Dear all!

Anyone out there - who is not spanish or latin - and who can stand Iberia or has an avios account - I want to give away some 860 Avios before closing the account (I prefer US Air/AA since they are Oneworld). Just PM me.
My account has been blocked for years, even though I sent in the form. Not an administration worth my effort.
Old May 28, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, EK Gold, AB TopBonus Gold, EY Gold
Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere. My account was blocked previously but now I have the CMO option back, so I am assuming they have unblocked it now after I sent them an email (they didn't actually respond to the email).

However, now it says I am only allowed to transfer into IB+ from Avios or BAEC. I'm not allowed to transfer my 1000 avios out.

Any suggestions folks?
Old May 28, 2015, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Do you have a household account? Have you tried transferring out to Avios.com or just BA?
Old May 28, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, EK Gold, AB TopBonus Gold, EY Gold
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Do you have a household account? Have you tried transferring out to Avios.com or just BA?
I've tried both to BA and Avios.com

My BA account is within a household account but my avios.com account is not.

Thanks for the reply :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.