Booking on Iberia+

Old Apr 12, 2015, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Silver BAEC, Diamond Hilton Honors, Gold SPG
Booking on Iberia+

I have a lot of Avios I am planning on using to go to South America last year, but I am not particularly familiar with Iberia, I usually us BA, but am using Avios as the taxes are so much lower.

I wanted to book two one way business class flights from Madrid to either Buenos Aires or Montevideo but had the following questions:
-Do Iberia operate flat beds on both of these flights, from expert flyer it looked like flights to Montevideo do not?
- I am struggling to get the flight finder on the Iberia website to work it shows me availability but when I try to view flights it throws up an error. Is this a common problem and if so is the alternative to ring Iberia to book?
- As I am getting the above error can anyone confirm the number of Avios required, I think it is 51,000 off peak on the new reward charts but am not certain

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by moonman85
I have a lot of Avios I am planning on using to go to South America last year, but I am not particularly familiar with Iberia, I usually us BA, but am using Avios as the taxes are so much lower.

I wanted to book two one way business class flights from Madrid to either Buenos Aires or Montevideo but had the following questions:
-Do Iberia operate flat beds on both of these flights, from expert flyer it looked like flights to Montevideo do not?
- I am struggling to get the flight finder on the Iberia website to work it shows me availability but when I try to view flights it throws up an error. Is this a common problem and if so is the alternative to ring Iberia to book?
- As I am getting the above error can anyone confirm the number of Avios required, I think it is 51,000 off peak on the new reward charts but am not certain

Thanks in advance
Man Iberia is frustrating! I too have been trying to book some reward seats but the website just gives the same error for 1 week plus. When I called up the agent said he couldn't book tickets more than 6 months in advance...! He also suggested I use google chrome when trying to book. This made no difference sadly.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
IB certainly has some flaky IT and it seems like the last two weeks or so have been doubly rough.

It seems to have gotten a bit better in the last day or two, but I think the major program changes were a bit too stressful for the system as well as the BA security threat that prompted mass audits.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:55 am

Same for me the App keeps crashing and the website telling me there are no flights found even though there are plenty. When these things happen the call centre should be a bit more flexible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.