Vegetarian in Biz

Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Vegetarian in Biz

Will be my first time flying IB on transatlantic flights and was wondering what to expect from a Vegetarian Lacto meal in business.

I assume there would be a vegetarian choice on the main menu but wondering if I may be better off pre-booking.

Any experience?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
I guess Vegetarian is not very popular on this board
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by economyman
Will be my first time flying IB on transatlantic flights and was wondering what to expect from a Vegetarian Lacto meal in business.

I assume there would be a vegetarian choice on the main menu but wondering if I may be better off pre-booking.
Can't advise about IB long haul meals, but that is NOT a safe assumption with Iberia (even long haul).

Strongly advise you pre-order. If there is a veggie option on the main menu, then you have a choice!
Old Mar 16, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by David-A
Can't advise about IB long haul meals, but that is NOT a safe assumption with Iberia (even long haul).

Strongly advise you pre-order. If there is a veggie option on the main menu, then you have a choice!
It's not a safe assumption for any Spanish dining option for that manner.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 5:22 am

I've had a pre booked veggie meal in J on IB and it was terrible, just awful. Worse than many Y veggie meals through the years.

It was so bad on the outbound that I tried to bail on it for the inbound but the CC literally forced me to have it when she realised it had been booked. I returned it uneaten, she seemed satisfied with this.

Both legs had veggie (pasta) options on the menu.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
On a recent MAD - SCL - MAD trip in Biz, both legs offered "Ravioli" as one of the options. Even though I got it on the outbound (the meat choice was "codillo de cerdo," not even sure what that is in English), I don't know if the ravioli was ground beef filling or vegetarian. It was smothered in a rather tasteless and oily sauce.

As noted above, perhaps you can special order and then have a choice. Unless IB then considers the pasta to be the special order.

On a related matter, I just can't understand how IB can advertise so many famous Spanish chefs inventing in-the-sky dishes and then come up with such poor options at 11,000 meters.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by spainflyer
(the meat choice was "codillo de cerdo," not even sure what that is in English)
Ham hock or pork knuckles, or you might know the German word Eisbein.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks, Yllanes. I believe an alternate translation is "yo paso." Especially on a long flight, where I will be in my seat for 13.5 hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.