Transferring Avios into Iberia

Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by AC14
I've had the same problem. I phoned up the Spanish number (easier given I'm in Spain). They said the account had been locked, due to security reasons. Furthermore, they said that I'd receive an email today with the option to reset my account. This hasn't appeared unfortunately. I've found the customer service from Iberia to be dreadful.
Welcome to FT AC14!

I very much doubt IB has got a customer service.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I have actually had pretty decent experiences with IB customer service recently. IB+ on the other hand is a different team that is generally pretty terrible.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Bump.

Any (CMA) developments here?

I've sent off an e-mail to IB+ to see what's going on, but I don't really expect a reply.

Is the prevailing thought that the BA hack messed things up and now we have to sit out 90 days?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Something has gone seriously wrong with the IT systems at IB as well. It seems to be the perfect storm of usability issues that keep things just enough to work in general to make it not a top priority to fix it now.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by gnarly
Bump.

Any (CMA) developments here?

I've sent off an e-mail to IB+ to see what's going on, but I don't really expect a reply.

Is the prevailing thought that the BA hack messed things up and now we have to sit out 90 days?
No, I don't think waiting 90 days will work. The error message is different and the situation is different (cannot buy award tickets, buy, gift or transfer Avios, it's not just CMA not working). Need to call several times until you find somebody who understands what's happening. Email generally doesn't work, I've been waiting more than a week and nothing.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Originally Posted by neuromancer
No, I don't think waiting 90 days will work. The error message is different and the situation is different (cannot buy award tickets, buy, gift or transfer Avios, it's not just CMA not working). Need to call several times until you find somebody who understands what's happening. Email generally doesn't work, I've been waiting more than a week and nothing.
As a non Spanish speaker (although I could manage some French, German and Italian at a push), what would be the best number to call?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.