Wiki Posts
Search

Connections - MAD vs FRA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free Agent
Connections - MAD vs FRA

Question for the road warriors. Which is better to make a USA to EU connection: MAD of FRA ?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
It really depends on where you want to go in the EU....

Madrid T4 is pretty easy for connections.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cerebrito
It really depends on where you want to go in the EU....
Los Angeles to Brussels.

Prague to Los Angeles.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Well, there are only a couple of direct flights from Madrid-Prague, otherwise you'd have to connect again somewhere else. I imagine FRA has more regular connections to Prague so that's probably a good reason to transit via FRA instead of MAD for that route.

Brussels is much easier - Iberia have a lot of daily flights to BRU, and connecting from any flight arriving in T4 (one world, IB, AA) should be a very easy connection.

Last edited by Cerebrito; Jan 30, 2015 at 12:53 am Reason: Fixed a mistake - there are some direct flights MAD-Prague
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:19 pm

Iberia has a couple of daily flights to Prague (and more to Brussels), but their MAD-LAX is a summer route only, so depending on the dates it might be easier to fly to FRA.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yllanes
Iberia has a couple of daily flights to Prague (and more to Brussels), but their MAD-LAX is a summer route only, so depending on the dates it might be easier to fly to FRA.
The schedule works with either MAD of FRA. My refined question: Which is easier to connect international to EU. Thinking in terms of walking distance, time in security with biz class priority.

My current understanding is MAD is far less crowded than FRA. MAD security is faster than FRA. Exiting MAD 4s tram at 4 produces less walking to EU gate than walking FRA.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 8:47 pm

In that case I think MAD is better. Less crowded, nicer terminal, faster security and an easy connection in general.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:20 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Jim055
The schedule works with either MAD of FRA. My refined question: Which is easier to connect international to EU. Thinking in terms of walking distance, time in security with biz class priority.

My current understanding is MAD is far less crowded than FRA. MAD security is faster than FRA. Exiting MAD 4s tram at 4 produces less walking to EU gate than walking FRA.
Yeah, and since you go landside anyway, there isn't a massive rush at a transfer security point.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:25 am

+1 For MAD was there last week and another pleasant hassle free experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.