Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR points taking forever to transfer?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

MR points taking forever to transfer?

Hello all. I have had an Iberia Plus account for the past year or so but never had any activity with it. Now I want to transfer in some BA avios so I first transferred 1000 MR from Amex to "activate" the account. But that was two days ago and the points still haven't appeared in my Iberia account. How much longer should I wait? Or would it better to just buy some IB avios to activate the account? I don't want my desired awards flight to disappear...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by rsachek
Hello all. I have had an Iberia Plus account for the past year or so but never had any activity with it. Now I want to transfer in some BA avios so I first transferred 1000 MR from Amex to "activate" the account. But that was two days ago and the points still haven't appeared in my Iberia account. How much longer should I wait? Or would it better to just buy some IB avios to activate the account? I don't want my desired awards flight to disappear...
Hi,

In my experience it takes 3/4 days.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Okay, so the points finally transferred. Although it seemed like an eternity, it only took three days (in reality, just over 48 hours spread over 3 days). HOWEVER, I was still unable to share avios between my BA and IB accounts. It turns out that transferring from Amex MR is no longer sufficient to "activate" the IB account. I actually had to purchase 2k miles from IB and was then able to immediately combine avios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.